Need help with misfire

jays87gn

I Just finished a rebuild and finnaly got the car running crank sensor cam position sensor, coil pack and module are all new the car runs like crap and misfires the number 1 3 and 4 plugs are fouled here is a pic of my plugs any help is greatly appreciated

Attachments

• IMG00196-20090909-1627.jpg
    IMG00196-20090909-1627.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 141
They are the same just an optical illusion i guess lol i changed plugs and wires and it still runs the same

What about the injectors? Are they new? Swap them around and see if the condition fallows injector.

I did relocate my grounds to one of the studs on the intake do you think that could be a problem? should i put them back to the head?

No, the grounds are not the problem. If it was all plugs would be rich. Not just 3.

Mark the injectors and swap them around. Put the ones from the rich cylinders in the other cylinders. Run the car and see if the condition moved with the injector.

You have to narrow it down somehow.

Are the injectors in those cylinders pulsing or on all the time poss. problem in the injector harness

Take the injectors back out and make sure the little plastic tips off of the OEM injectors aren't stuck in the intake. Don't ask me how I know..;) Phil.

I would put the plugs back in, and at night take a spray bottle of water and spray the motor down. You might find something that is sending the spark to ground. Does the car misfire at idle? The wires inside the coil pack could be put on wrong in between the module and coil, but if that was done I would thing at least 4 cylinders would be down. Also check the injectors, you can get "noid" lights to plug into the harness to see if they are firing, or listen to them with a stethiscope(sp) and listen for them to click. I would lean towards a ignition problem, but the injectors could be dumping fuel into the cylinders. Do what the other guys said and swap the injectors around and see what happens.