Need Help With Injector Identification

DoWork

Hey guys, as some of you may know, I am revamping my entire fuel system. I was looking at my injectors this afternoon in effort to find a number that I could look up to see what size they are. After hours of searching, I have come up with next to nothing. Maybe one of you can shed some light on this.

They are black in color, and have no markings on the what-so-ever on the plastic. However, the is some letters/numbers painted on the sides using what looks like a postal ink jetting machine. This is what the sequence is:

RIN-4

It is laid out in the same fashion as shown above. However, I am not 100% certain that the last number is an "8", it could also be a "9".

This is the only picture I have of them as of right now:

100_0363.jpg

Any insight into this at all would be helpful. Before someone says "go get them flowed", I am using that as a last resort.

Thanks in advance!
-Todd

they sure do "look" like stockers....

See, thats why I ask questions. I would have had no idea that thats what stock looked like unless someone would have told me. This is my first TB, and I bought it in the state thats its in now. The last owner was a moron to say the least, so I am working to fix all of his mistakes. I guess I'm kind of curious why he would of spent all the money he did to put a classic FAST in the car, only to leave the stock injectors in. Thats right up there with him wiring all the old gauges with phone line :mad:

Thanks for the input man!

They are not stickers, they look like aftermarket MSD injectors-could be anything from 50s-96s.- I would look in the ECM on the passenger side floor panel and see what chip you have in there, also on the side where the injector harness plugs into the injector there should be a 4 digit number stamped into the injector like 3145 . Let us know what number is on the injector and what the chip. Says-you track the chip numbers to what it was set up for.

They are not stickers, they look like aftermarket MSD injectors-could be anything from 50s-96s.- I would look in the ECM on the passenger side floor panel and see what chip you have in there, also on the side where the injector harness plugs into the injector there should be a 4 digit number stamped into the injector like 3145 . Let us know what number is on the injector and what the chip. Says-you track the chip numbers to what it was set up for.

I have looked for stamped numbers and nothing is on them. Hence why I am so clueless.

have to disagree with 49-blues in no way do they look like MSD injectors
and he posted he has fast so no chips to look at

the ones you posted similar to stock in appearance but without the ID numbers cast in on the top sides id say no way thay are stock , also stock were all black these are not
they look like sieman deka and could be anything from 38s to 72s or 83s , there are #s on them but youll have to look closer

easier is connect to the FAST ecu with a laptop open the system configuration > fuel calc parameters and see what injector size is punched into the injector flow rate (lb/hr) box

looks like this

Yeah, its becomeing more and more apparent that I need to hasten my search for an older laptop lol.

i running on cheap acer one 8.1 netbook with a serial-usb adapter
from prolific , so far i haven't had any issues connecting to any FAST classic/speed-pro or XFI box

or you can get one directly from FAST if you're concerned about it being compatible

I will have to look into that. Will C-Com run on an XP based machine?

On a side note, I replied to your post in my other thread about "choosing injector size"

Thanks for all your help!

I will have to look into that. Will C-Com run on an XP based machine?

On a side note, I replied to your post in my other thread about "choosing injector size"

Thanks for all your help!

i would say oh yeah , im on XP with mine , no problems connecting as long as use the same USB port to connect with the USB serial adapter , and you have may to select the com channel on c-comWP under communication setup , for me its com3 that works

also note you wont be able to connect if trying to use c-comXFi to connect to a classic box and vice verse , you need to be running C-ComWP for classic

i would say oh yeah , im on XP with mine , no problems connecting as long as use the same USB port to connect with the USB serial adapter , and you have may to select the com channel on c-comWP under communication setup , for me its com3 that works

also note you wont be able to connect if trying to use c-comXFi to connect to a classic box and vice verse , you need to be running C-ComWP for classic

Cool, got it! Thanks man!

got some more numbers off the injectors...it was under the clip. They are 1026 and 1018....off to google I go....

Found out today the injectors are 56lbs! A friend of mine had a set on his shelf still in the package. Same PN and all.