need help with fan wiring

turbo john FL

ITS ONLY A SIX SHOOTER
just installed a new dual fan set up from summit , it has dual spal fans each with a 2 wire lead off each fan . i see on the factory harness there is 4 wires . so not sure what the origanal 4 wire plug was doing or how i should wire these in thanks in advance for all help and replies !!

The factory harness should only have 3 wires. High speed, low speed, and ground.

You need spals harness and relay's unless you can make up your own.

Rick

The stock fan should have a 3-wire connector. One wire is for ground, then a low speed +12 volt feed to the resistor for low speed, and the other wire is a +12V feed directly to the motor for high speed. Note that the +12V feeds are from each of the two relays.

To wire the dual fans, ground one wire from each fan. Each of the other wires get tied to the low & high speed feeds (from the relays). Be sure to use the correct fan motor wires for the grounds & +12 v feeds. The fans need to blow air into the engine compartment.

Wired this way the ECM will enable one of the fans, with the other fan turning on via the coolant temperature switch.

The A/C switch can turn both fans on.

RemoveBeforeFlight

P.S. was typing while Rick was posting...

oooops i was looking at wrong plug in , car has been down on major overhaul for a year so still trying to remember what is what . now i had a caspers adapter for the dual fans from the dodge intrepid set up and i think changed relays ?? but i see on engine harness i have a black with white stripe , a pink with black stripe and a white with red stripe . the fan wires are marked are marked positive and ground the fans is a puller fan . so can i wire these to the existing wires or do i need to change relays etc ???

Shouldn't need to change the relays unless they are undersized. If they are the Casper's relays they are likely enough to handle the fan turn-on current.

As for which wire is which, those don't match the stock colors, they are:

Black is ground to the fans (both motors).
Black w/red strip is the low speed ECM controlled fan +
Black w/pink stripe is the high speed coolant switch controlled fan +

I also looked at the Casper's dual fan relay harness. That set up turns on both fans via the low speed ECM fan control. You can wire it that way, or use one each of the original relays for one each of the fans.

RemoveBeforeFlight