Need help with crank trigger setup.

BlownBird

Ok, I need a little help understanding this...

I am running a 400"SBC
I was running a bank to Bank setup with MSD distributor.
I am switching to a Sequential box with individual cylinder control.
I installed a Moroso crank trigger and MSD crank trigger distributor.
I set the motor at 50* BTDC and lined up the pickup on the crank trigger.
Set the distributor to point at number 1 locked it in an7d ran my spark plug wires.

Now comes the question, Do I hook it up to the plug labeled CRANK or the one labeled CAM on my Fast harness.

It said to set the crank reference angle at 50* BTDC and set the timing by tweeking this number, not the crank trigger.

Another question... I am having trouble finding an adaptor to plug my new HP Pavilion laptop into the FAST unit, any suggestions there?

Thanks for your help,
Don Barnett

It goes to the crank.

Set crank to 50* and align crank trigger.
Set crank to 30* (roughly where your torque peak will be) and align rotor to number one.

I believe crank reference was 96*. I don't have the manual with me, so I'm going by memory :rolleyes:

No, the crank referance should be 50 if the trigger is set at 50. I think Hawaiian Turbo is talking about the Inductive Delay when he mentioned 96

Plug the Crank trigger into the Crank plug (Make sure you have it wired correctly (green to red/ purple to black) and plug the distributor into the cam plug (purple to red/ orange to black). I don't know your combination, but I would set the distributor between 25-30 degrees if you are a turbo car.

Get the adaptor plug from your FAST dealer, I know we have them in stock.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!
That is exactly the information I was looking for!
I will give that a shot and see if she will fire up.
Thanks again,
Don Barnett

Also to make it sequential,you must remove all but one of the reluctor tabs on the dist and set the one to pickup atleast 10* before the crank signal.This is needed for the ECU to distinguish when cylinder #1 is about to fire

I am looking to have true Sequential with individual cylinder controll. So... the distributor modification is necessary?
Thanks for helping,
Don Barnett

Yes,It is important for the ecu to know which cylinder is # 1 so it can control the proper cylinder

He said he had a MSD crank trigger distributor, this distributor does not have a reluctor wheel in it. You will need just a regular billet MSD mechanical distributor part number Pro-Billet Distributor,
Chevrolet V8 PN 85551

this has the regular reluctor wheel in it and you will have to make the modifications to it for sequential or buy the Cam sync distributor but it is more expensive and you are not able to change when the sync occurs. You will also need to lock out the shaft and take off the springs.