Need help with another problem???

dcentg

Okay, I got the motor fired up and running. The only thing is that it is running really rich. When I try to drive it, the car would sputter and cough out at only 1800 rpm. Can't even go faster than 25 mph.:confused:. I am using the MER w/ 75 inj and low impedence ECM. Any advise on this system would be really appreciated.
Marc

unplug the maf and see if car idles better,they will go bad with no codes.

No MAF on an ME-R setup...

Verify that there are no codes. Check IAC, TPS, FP, etc...

What scantool are you using?

It took me a little while, to properly adjust everything. I use Direct Scan to monitor all of the settings.

I checked the IAC, TPS and FP and are all in specs. The thing is that I will have a hard time programing the thing because I took out the A/C system and with out it I can not programing it. Also when I choose the the T/W at different position the BLM number always reads 128. The scantool I am using is Snapon scantool.

Run a jumper (two male spade connectors with a piece of wire) where the A/C pressure switch would normally plug into. It's located by the accumulator/drier. Without it, you cannot adjust anything...

The adjustablity, or lack of it in your case, is not the problem since the BLM's should not be reading 128 on all positions.

Try resetting the ECM, and check to see if the chips are installed correctly.

If that doesn't work, e-mail Steve.... :D

Do you want to try one of my spares?

Geoff,
I tried resetting the ECM several times and also checked the chips but still have the same results. If you don't mine, could I try one off those extra chips you mention before I try contacting Steve? Let me know.
;) Marc

No problem. Give me a call. :cool:

Did you burn your own chip, or did Steve send it to you? If you have the file, I can burn it for you.