I've got a quick question on where these wires from the Buick go

black two pin plug;
1)orange = memory/battery
2)brown = park lamps (illumination)

black four pin plug; main power.
3)yellow = ignition +
4)black = ground -
5)grey = illumination dimmer

1 goes to the constant-on battery wire on the cd unit?
2 goes to the illumination wire on the cd unit?
3 goes to the accessory wire on cd unit? switched on with ignition?
4 is obvious
5 goes ??? there's only one illumination wire on my cd player

I really shouldn't have to splice any new wires into anything, just use the existing ones, I hope

Never did any wiring before, so I wanna make sure I don't have to re-do this! Thanks for looking

black two pin plug;

3)yellow = ignition +
4)black = ground -

4 is obvious

I really shouldn't have to splice any new wires into anything, just use the existing ones, I hope

Never did any wiring before, so I wanna make sure I don't have to re-do this! Thanks for looking

you really dont need either illumination wire hooked up. the radio will light up anyway

I think the ill. wire just a dimmer for the deck. when you turn on your lights at night it dimes the cd players light so you can see better.

Cool, so I'll just leave the grey wire on the buick side disconnected. Thanks for the help!

Some aftermarket radios will have a dimmer/illumination orange or orange/white wire on the harness.

black two pin plug;

3)yellow = ignition +
4)black = ground -

4 is obvious

if aftermarket cd unit;
1 YES should be yellow(on new stereo)
2 or 5 depends on the new stereo,if the stereo needs to dim,hook to #5. if stereo power up additional lights then hook to #2.
3 yes,should be red(on new stereo)

Got everything hooked up and working! I've got no bass and not a lot of midrange so i'm gonna check the door speakers and make sure they're wired right. It sounds like the dash speakers and overpowering the door's big time.

Thanks again for the help, what are people using as in install kit to mount the single DIN player in the 1.5 DIN slot?

Got everything hooked up and working! I've got no bass and not a lot of midrange so i'm gonna check the door speakers and make sure they're wired right. It sounds like the dash speakers and overpowering the door's big time.

Thanks again for the help, what are people using as in install kit to mount the single DIN player in the 1.5 DIN slot?

cool....check out the cs2 link for all the questions above in my signature.....Gary

if one speaker is louder or quieter check polarity on the speaker that is different.

Thanks, gonna try this tomorrow morning, I double checked my color coding on the wiring and it's all good. I did wire both right fronts into a y-harness, same with the lefts.

Garyk, I looked up the install kit from you super-informative thread, and it looks like just a faceplate? I actually have that, it puts the cd player dead center, I just don't know what's used to support it in mid-air like that, the back on the player doesn't bolt onto anything?

Thanks, gonna try this tomorrow morning, I double checked my color coding on the wiring and it's all good. I did wire both right fronts into a y-harness, same with the lefts.

Garyk, I looked up the install kit from you super-informative thread, and it looks like just a faceplate? I actually have that, it puts the cd player dead center, I just don't know what's used to support it in mid-air like that, the back on the player doesn't bolt onto anything?

no back support needed,the kit is very strong....