Need help PLEASE!!!

V8KILLR

2speed 1day fast & faster
Hello all,
I'm looking for a Mechanical Engineering job and really need some networking help. The job hunting is just not going that well, due to the poor economy. I am finished with my BS in ME this December. If you are in a technical discipline or have some connections to one, please list the company that you either work for or have a connection.

Areas of interest include: Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics, Electronic Packaging, Control System, automotive / aerospace technology, and avionics.

Companies that I'm working on so far: Lockheed Martin, NASA, Boeing, BAE, Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, Northrop Grumman, Honeywell, NASEA, and NAVAIR.

The companies listed above, I have contacted, but could still use an inside connection.

Thank you for any help!!!

Sincerely,
Jason S. Meyers

I have tried posting on monster with no luck. But thanks Chris for the suggestion.

Jason

New companies to add to my list that I’ve taken a look at: Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon, and General Electric. Thanks for the help so far, keep the ideas coming.

Jason

Crazy idea but what about working for the government? I dont talk to my sister/brother in law that much, but the next time I do I will ask them since they are in Silver Spring MD and both work for the Army

Thanks Chris,

Silver Spring is very close to me. I use to live there and still work there.

Jason

How about through school or from past graduates? When I graduated college they had like a career center also maybe if you were friendly with teachers or department heads in school maybe they know someone or somebody

I've been going through the career center a lot w/o much help. The econ is just that bad out there. I don't know 1 friend in engineering that is done with school this Dec w/ me that has a job lined up. The only way to get in is going to know some one. As for talking to professors and seeing if any of them have a connection, I don't know any that are into the areas of interest to me. But thanks for the ideas.

Jason

How about an engineering professor ? My economics department professors were pretty cool with networking

Dude I was out of work almost 6 months and was delivering pizza I sort of know the deal

I'm a Computer Science major at Shepherd College, I already have a co-op working for a gaming and internet center, but one of my teachers has a consulting firm on capital hill in the Oracle/Database fields. The teachers in your department have to know someone in their field, try talking to some of the friendlier teachers in your major's department, you may be suprised what you find. If that doens't work, talk to a teacher for a co-op, you should get credits and pay from those, but most importantly experience in your field even if it's low paying at first.

Thanks Jason!!!

I have had a co-op. In fact, I have had two. I have a lot of job exp., 2.5 years at almost full time. It has just been that hard finding a job. I am talking to a professor that is interested in my area of interest. I'm going to give him a hand. He may find $$$ to pay for me to go to grad school since for now I don't have a job and may as well stay busy.

Jason