Need help PLEASE!!!

V8KILLR

2speed 1day fast & faster
Hello all,
I'm looking for a Mechanical Engineering job and really need some networking help. The job hunting is just not going that well, due to the poor economy. I am finished with my BS in ME this December. If you are in a technical discipline or have some connections to one, please list the company that you either work for or have a connection.

Areas of interest include: Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics, Electronic Packaging, Control System, automotive / aerospace technology, and avionics.

Companies that I'm working on so far: Lockheed Martin, NASA, Boeing, BAE, Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, Northrop Grumman, Honeywell, NASEA, and NAVAIR.

The companies listed above, I have contacted, but could still use an inside connection.

Thank you for any help!!!

Sincerely,
Jason S. Meyers

An alternative to going right to the manufacturer's and builders would be to contact the System Integrators out there. They tend to be much smaller in scope, but ultimately work directly with the larger corporations to implement process and control systems.

Check out sites like this for lists of contacts. Good luck.

QuickWrench, thanks for the link. I'll take a better look tomorrow when I have more time.

Thanks again,
Jason

New companies to add to my list that I’ve taken a look at: Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon, and General Electric. Thanks for the help so far, keep the ideas coming.

Jason

Hey myclone….. remember me? I saw that you live in Roanoke and I told you that I’m down there from time to time to visit my Sister who lives there. Here’s that link if you don’t remember:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95474&highlight=myclone+jason

I’ll be down there to hunt in less then two weeks. Would still like to meet up if you have the time. I won’t have the GN, using the truck, so that we can haul the deer if we get some.

But back to this post, could you drop my resume & cover letter off at your HR department? I could email both of them to you. My friend had good luck hand delivering a copy of his resume this spring and got his job at Lockheed Martin because of it. I really think it is a good idea to find any way to stand out in these large companies and one of the ways is to hand delivering my resume. Otherwise, the resume just goes into a black hole.

Thanks,
Jason