Need help on turbo selection

Jeff G

I've settled on the new billet 6262 journal bearing, which should fit my needs pretty good from all the researching I've done.
I've been looking around on what options to go with, but haven't had much luck.
- S Cover or E Cover?
- High Pressure WGA or external?
- .63 housing or .85 housing?

I'm thinking the S cover is the obvious choice over the E cover.
If I'm planning to aim for high 20's in psi, should I go external or does the High Pressure internal WGA hold good in this range?
Looking for any suggestions/reasoning behind which housing to go with.

Journal bearing 6262 is laggy on the street IMO. Thats a 10 sec turbo what is your ET goal?

No real ET goal in mind, but a realistic estimate is probably in the low 11's to start with and when I get the tuning down I'll probably aim for high 10's.

I have the billet 6262E journal bearing and really like it. I have a heavy duty waste gate and the .63 housing. See sig. for combo/times.

What do you run for boost psi? Do you get any boost creep or spiking with the HD wga?

A 6262 journal really needs alot of stall or better non lock up and have good boost response to be fun to drive.

Im just saying

No real ET goal in mind, but a realistic estimate is probably in the low 11's to start with and when I get the tuning down I'll probably aim for high 10's.

What other information can you give us on your car?
S cover ported shroud is what I would buy
.63 housing if you have a 2800 stall @ 0-1psi
.85 if you have a 3000-3200 stall @ 0-1psi
What downpipe do you have now? If you want to go exteral now would be the time, but it's not a requirement of a billet wheel unit.

A 6262 journal really needs alot of stall or better non lock up and have good boost response to be fun to drive.

Im just saying

What do you consider a lot of stall?
You have any vids of your car or a car comparable spooling?

I said "Alot" from the angle of retaining L/U for good slip% or going non L/U.

IMO that turbo needs at 3000 at zero psi on a mild built engine.
I dont know what the OP has anyways his goals can be met with a smaller turbo and hell be happier with quicker boost response.

The 5857 E cover is the a better choice than the 6262 unless the OP has a good converter and or wants to spend extra $ getting an S cover turbo to work. The TE44 might even be better since the OP didnt specify his performance goals.