Need help on T/A Value

tes87gn

Maybe someone can help me with valuing an 89 Turbo T/A. A co-worker has one it has been sitting for at least 5 years if not longer. I'm not sure of the mileage, it doesn't run and also has a problem in the transmission. The body is in fair condition. Interior is ok. I want to make the guy an offer but I'm not sure what these cars are worth or how to value one. Any help would be appriciated.

Let us know the last 6 digits of the VIN and we can see if we got some history for that TTA (we keep a registry and a database of all TTA's over @ turbotransam.com).

And yes $5k sounds like a fair offer ... keep in mind if any TTA specific parts are missing they are not that easy to find and will cost $$$. Maybe post some good photos after you had a chance to look at it and we can help tell you if anything is missing in general.

Let us know the last 6 digits of the VIN and we can see if we got some history for that TTA (we keep a registry and a database of all TTA's over @ turbotransam.com).

And yes $5k sounds like a fair offer ... keep in mind if any TTA specific parts are missing they are not that easy to find and will cost $$$. Maybe post some good photos after you had a chance to look at it and we can help tell you if anything is missing in general.
Please post pics. Got mine a year ago had a cracked head .cracked piston and bad coil. $5800.00.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1377348155054.jpg
    1377348155054.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 191
i'm sorry...but the value of these cars is still in the dumper... in that condition...i would offer about $2500, you are going to sink at least $15k in it to get it back into A1 running condition and cruise night show condition... and then it will be still only be worth about $15k max right now.... ask me how I know....lol... still my all time favorite car and time machine...

I agree with Chris, it would have to be less than 50k mile before i would consider anything over $3500, otherwise you would take a big hit when you sold it...

Restoring any of these cars takes money and if you are in it to turn a profit then that would be a a challange no matter what you pay for it.

I still think $5k is a fair offer however really hard to say without more details of what's wrong with it, what's missing and what needs to be done to it ... also depends on the buyers plans for it ... stock restoration ... nice cruiser ... race car ???

How do I know what # my tta is? Can anyone give me any info or history on mine with the last 6 of the vin?

Maybe someone can help me with valuing an 89 Turbo T/A. A co-worker has one it has been sitting for at least 5 years if not longer. I'm not sure of the mileage, it doesn't run and also has a problem in the transmission. The body is in fair condition. Interior is ok. I want to make the guy an offer but I'm not sure what these cars are worth or how to value one. Any help would be appriciated.

Buy it then part it out.. they are worth more In parts

How do I know what # my tta is? Can anyone give me any info or history on mine with the last 6 of the vin?
Yes, PM me the last 6 & I will find out what number you are