Need help in Chicago!!!

TRYMY231S

GTP Tranny Killer
I'm about to get kicked out of my garage (long story - lots of b.s.). I finally got all the parts for my rear end in order to get the car mobile to transport it to another garage. Seems one of the mounts for my upper control arms (on the rear end housing) is too close to the housing so I can't put a control arm on it (Ahh!). Does anyone in the Chicago area have a 10 bolt I can rent for a couple of days just to move it to the other garage? Otherwise I'm going to have to rent a trailer and try to get the car on there by lifting the back end up. I have to be out of there by Friday so if anyone can help out I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Use 1/4" steel flat stock. Measure the distance from mount to mount, drill two holes and temporarily use the steel as an upper control arm to trailer (Not drive) the car to its new garage. This would take less time than installing a rearend to move the car. 1/4" flat stock is easy to find at the home centers around Chicago. Good luck!

i know this is late , but i still dont understand what the problem was...the mount was too close to the center section? how the heck did that happen?

surej

If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all...

On the center section the mount the passenger upper control arm bolts up to does not have enough room to bolt up to. Even if it did it is too close to the housing and wouldn't allow for any motion. I don't know how the person I got it from even had control arms on there. I have to break the old mounts off and put on the ones I got from Currie on. So when I get out there to take out the center section I'll snap some pics so you can see.