Need Help! IACs low, RPMs high, and powerlogger file says Park/Neutral on ECM I/O

OneBadTT

Can someone take a look at this power logger file? My car seems to be running really well since I have been finding and fixing problems. I can mash the accelerator now and get lots of wheel spinning and a smooth acceleration with no stumbling! This is the first time in the last few years I have been able to get it to this point.

I haven't learned to read into the powerlogger files yet, but I notice a few obvious things-
*My AF is running around 11 in park, car running,
*My IAC is 0 in park, car running,
*My RPMs are high at 1600 in park, car running.

I also noticed that the powerlogger file on the data page shows the ECM I/O checked as park/neutral when the car is in the middle of accelerating :confused: -that just doesn't look right...

Please take a look and let me know if there is anything obvious about my car's readings and running characteristics. Thanks.

Attachments

• LogFile3.zip
    292.7 KB · Views: 27
have you tryed to adjust the screw on the throttlebody? that should bring the IAC numbers up to around 10 or so. You might need to adjust your tps sensor also to get your .42vdc off throttle and 4.5 full throttle.

Agreed. I'd be willing to bet your minimum air bleed screw (on the throttle body) (Some mistakenly think it's an idle rpm screw), Is likely screwed in too tight which would reach a point of pulling the IAC numbers down to zero, and if screwed in more would cause the rpm to increase and of course AF numbers will follow.

As you start backing the screw out, the rpm will come down to normal. Every revolution of the IAC screw will also require you to re-tweak your tps. keep an eye on both as you adjust , eventually the IAC numbers will start increasing. Turn the screw in small 1/4 turn incraments to let the IAC numbers settle down for a few seconds once you start seeing them come up off of zero.

It's best to do the IAC adjustment and TPS idle adjustment with the engine idling of course, and if the TPS needs a WOT adjustment, you only check and adjust this with key on ENGINE OFF.

Thanks. I have been working with this for some time. No matter what I did I couldn't get the IAC number to stay above zero. I ended up taking the plenum and throttle body off and thoroughly cleaning them. I also installed a new IAC valve and new gaskets and now I can get the IAC reading to steady. First time in several years!

another thing is to be sure that the car is at normal operation temp(correct ammount of fuel for warm idol) when you are adjusting IAC.