NEED HELP GETTING A MID 11sec car

blakkGN

I HAVE A 87 Buick GRAND NATIONAL WITH A STOCK MOTOR!!

I have some upgrades:
BIGGER INJECTORS 60lbs
Rjc INTERCOOLER
HOT WIRE KIT FOR FUEL PUMP
ALKY KIT(RAZOR)
STOCK TURBO (17lbs of boost)
3500rpm converter
3" signal exhaust.

3500 stall and stock turbo? Maybe a bigger turbo and more boost.

Yea, waayy too much converter for the stock turbo. Less converter and more turbo and more boost and the recipe is there.

ks

Yea, waayy too much converter for the stock turbo. Less converter and more turbo and more boost and the recipe is there. ks

Too much converter for the stock turbo, I doubt that? But to solve his problem there needs to be more air flow which requires a larger turbo. :confused:

He is set to run tens with a 60 or 61 turbo and 116 octane race.

A local GN with a very similar build of his and what I stated, has run 10.90 with an engine that only had the timing chain and valve springs replaced, heads have never been removed. Converter is a 3800 stall and a TE-61 old-school turbo.

Another important add-on was a double pumper and the PROPER wiring to assure adequate fuel was being supplied.

Too much converter for the stock turbo, I doubt that? But to solve his problem there needs to be more air flow which requires a larger turbo. :confused:

A local GN with a very similar build of his and what I stated, has run 10.90 with an engine that only had the timing chain and valve springs replaced, heads have never been removed. Converter is a 3800 stall and a TE-61 old-school turbo.

Another important add-on was a double pumper and the PROPER wiring to assure adequate fuel was being supplied.

So I need a bigger turbo? Like which one?

He's saying your 60 foot times on the track. You might even go a little bigger than the TE44. It takes boost to make it happen.

My son is headed in the same direction with his set-up. He would like to see an 11.00 slip.

Get a good converter, no more than 3000-3200 stall with budget precision turbo TE60 and some alky. Most of all get the tools you need to tune your car at least a wideband and a knock gauge, boost gauge..

Do you know for sure you have a stock turbo?? Most cars that have alky converter change and some of the mods you have don't use the stock turbo...