NEED HELP...fuel system trouble

OneQuikSix

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this problem my car is experiencing. For some unknown reason, my car runs extremely rich. Eventually, I discover that my fuel pressure is very high and can not be lowered past 45 lbs static. I have swapped regulators with no change in outcomes. I did a visual inspection of the fuel lines in an attempt to find one that might be crimped or something...everything looks fine. My next possibility is that maybe the return line is clogged?.?. How can I check this?

Based on the symptoms, I assume that I have a blocked/crimped/something in the return line. Is there anything else that could cause these symptoms? What about fuel filter, injectors, etc...? Thanks in advance for any information or ideas. Happy Holidays!!

Take the regulator off and try blowing some air through the return line. Be careful though, if the restriction is strong enough it will blow the fuel back at you.

thanks for the idea. I'll have to find someone in the area who has an air compressor (it's on the christmas list:D )

thanks again..

Having a compressor is high on the list of "nessesities" along with a welder, ez outs, a good tap and die set, torches, stuff to get you out of trouble. Good luck.

You're right about that list of necessities! Ok...I just removed the regulator and attached a rubber hose to the return line. I attempted to blow it out with my mouth and it felt like it was completely blocked. Is this normal or could this be the restriction I am looking for?

Just an idea:confused: Dont know if it will help but try it with the gas cap off.;)

yeah, I forgot to mention that I pulled the gas cap off. I too don't know if it makes any difference or not...:rolleyes:

Sounds like it's blocked but you need some psi to clear it out if you can. Once it's blocked it might be a bear to clear it. It might also be easier to suck the shtuff out with a pump.

Just a hint.

Check the connection under the power steering box where the line goes from 3/8" to 1/4".

Undo the adapter and hose thingy and try cleaning there with a thin metal coat hanger type device only thinner. I used some stainless wire about 1/3 as thick as a coat hanger and cleared my line there a couple of years ago.

Mine was sitting at 70 psi. however.

Didn't run too bad for the month either. Funny to see the pressure go down as the boost went up. :D