Need help fast

YNOVATE

I got the GN blues
I need another wastegate.....fast. currently there is a deltagate on my car mounted under the passenger side off of the cross-over pipe. it running open dump. The guy is doing my engine accidently caught the wastegate on the lift and crushed it!

my car is bored .030 with new pistons, a 204/214 cam, walbro 340 fuel pump, AFPR, spearco intercooler,

I need to know if I will be able to drive it without a wastegate for a long distance(probably about 20 miles)?

and--when I get a new wastegate, are there any other good places to mount it so it doesn't hang so low to the ground?

thanks
-Brad-

I just looked on turbonetics web site. how come the deltagates are only rated for 9-13psi maximum???

I'll be running aproximately 18psi

Hey YNO good to hear you got it gong again.

Just stay out of the boost and you'll be ok.

Nocooler had a deltagate (before he shamed us by selling it and going to an factory I/C car. Shame Shame Nocooler.) He was running 20+ maybe he'll chime in with some advice.

Again congrats....maybe we'll see ya at Mid MI.

just block the hole off with a piece of steel and some bolts and stay out of the throttle.

i think turbonetics is referring to when you control the boost with their internal springs and the bolt/locknut on the wastegate.when you use external boost control(bleeder valve)the sky's the limit,literally.i hit 28 psi with mine last night:eek: .

later,sean

WFO - is right.....Spring pressure is what it will run without a bleeder on it. There is also an adjustment screw on the Delta to that allows you to increase and decrease the pressure on the spring, which is totally un-needed with a bleeder.

For all its worth my Gate had the 8psi spring......

And Twins.......my heart (and my wallet) will always be with my Hotair car. The ~T~ is just to much fun, and was the right price.

Originally posted by national84
28 psi!!!

What came apart?!?!?!?

nothing,it still had 118 octane in the tank from the track.i had been running it on a richer setting on the maxeffort at about 24 psi.i moved the thumbwheel to a leaner setting and romped on it in first gear and the leaner tune made the boost jump 4 psi.it didn't knock at all and i only stayed in it for a couple of seconds.

later,sean

thanks for the response

I know it was the middle of the day and most everyone was at work at the time(I was working second shift yesterday) I posted this question. I'll have to worry about getting another deltagate later-on. I just ordered an adjustable actuator to mount on the turbo's stock wastegate. that'll have to do for now. I've been without my car for too long and am still planning on being at woodward August 16-17 for the dream cruise. So I should have my car back tomorrow or thursday:D :D :D

hey twins...what's going on at mid-mich?

turbo6x2 and Men in Black, what's up with the lot??? I haven't been down there in quite a while but I hear the cops are really busting down on the ricers and pretty much is cleared out by midnight. Where is everyone hanging out now???

I should have my car out this weekend
thanks everyone for the info on deltagates

-Brad-