Need help bad with this car.

blackgn231

Money pit
I blew the HG's and have got it back on the road but its not running right and no power. It will just start to buck and shake when your just normal driving and if you throttle the pedal you can get through it and its gone but will start back again so comes and goes, also at a dead stop the car is a dog now use to break the tired free every time , boost will come up starts out strong then just falls on its face its ok when driving and you get into it.Have replaced fuel pump, O2 sensor, plugs, fuel filter, coil and module, checked the grounds, checked the TPS , just don't know what else to do did borrow a ecm to try will do that this weekend but don't think thats the problem. It will not throw a code at all. when it does this O2 counts drop low. And stop cycling then back to normal don't thing its a problem with the motor it would be there all the time right?

I would start with verifying the cam sensor is installed correctly, all vacuum hoses, all connectors, triple check the plugs and wires, verify fuel pressure. I would also pressure test the throttle body, this would mean you need to remove the valve covers from both sides and remove pressure from the rockers so that all valves are closed. This will tell you if it is an intake manifold leak. Mine was leaking badly on a fresh install, it happens when one side is torqued down before the other and the manifold wont seal.

Bryan

I blew the HG's and have got it back on the road but its not running right and no power. It will just start to buck and shake when your just normal driving and if you throttle the pedal you can get through it and its gone but will start back again so comes and goes, also at a dead stop the car is a dog now use to break the tired free every time , boost will come up starts out strong then just falls on its face its ok when driving and you get into it.Have replaced fuel pump, O2 sensor, plugs, fuel filter, coil and module, checked the grounds, checked the TPS , just don't know what else to do did borrow a ecm to try will do that this weekend but don't think thats the problem. It will not throw a code at all. when it does this O2 counts drop low. And stop cycling then back to normal don't thing its a problem with the motor it would be there all the time right?

What caused the HG's to blow?

Did they both blow or did you just replace them as a set? just curious.

Would the cam sensor do this on and off like that?I checked for vaccum leaks and got nothing at all did your to it all the time?

Did you reconnect the grounds securely when you put it back together?

Brother, I would be looking for any leaks/loose clamps/bad hoses between the turbo and the intake manifold to head surface.
It would not take much of a leak air on the "pressure" side of the turbo after the mass air sensor "assumed" it was going where it was meant to.
Any leak in the system After the MAF will cause the engine to stumble/cough from overfueling.
Good luck,

Kevin.

My cam sensor was 180 out when i first got my car. The car would mysteriosly buck/surge/backfire at around 2100 rpm in any gear. Turned it around and all was good after that

The shop I had brought it to discovered and fixed it. Was just a matter of removing and re installing opposite way IIRC