Need Help Attn Cummins Diesel Owners

BOOSTBROTHER

just spooling around
Hey I am having troubles with one of the trucks from the ranch.

The truck is a 98.5 Dodge Cummins 24 valve with 5spd 4x4 1ton.

Nothing on the dash works except for the tach. I have checked the cluster and it works. From checking the computer the body control mod (bcm) and the pcm are not talking to each other.

I am hoping that someone has had this problem before and if so could help me fix this truck or if you know a good Dodge website that I might go to.

Thanks
BOOSTBROTHER

One of the more informitive sites is Turbo Diesel Register, not being a member limits a bit as to what you can do on the site, but you should be able to browse around and perhaps get some info. For $35 a year you get full site access and a quarterly magizine full of helpful stuff. If you decide to join, reference me, I go by MMeier over there. :wink: Also, check out Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum and TowRig.com - Diesel Discussion and Tow Tech. . Let me know if they were any help.

more then likely the instrument cluster is bad... it has its own module built in

go snag one from a junk yard

are the lights working??? is the cruise and abs working properly??

how did you check the cluster ? did you try it in another truck??

All the lights work, the cruise does not work and I am not for sure if the abs is working right or not.

I took the cluster out of another truck and put it in this one and it did the same thing.

Thanks
BOOSTBROTHER

Did you check all of your fuses in your fuse panel? I know on my chevy work truck my cluster died once(I cant remember if it was completely not working, or if somethings worked and others didnt) anyways I started checking fuses and there were two or three that controlled the instrument cluster and two of them were blown due to a short in the harness.