11 Second Cummins Powered Ram Crash

turbonatr

More Cubes!
This was posted on a Cummins forum I frequent. This truck is considered a light-weight as far as diesel pick-ups go while still weighing well over 2 tons. By comparison, my 04.5 Cummins Ram 4x4 quad cab weighs in the 7500lb range. These trucks carry a LOT of momentum with them and tend to take down what ever is in their way when they get out of shape as you can see from the video.

YouTube - Dodge Diesel Truck Crash at Breakaway

WOW!!! That's a scary thought, it can happen in anything, but that thing had some serious momentum...

Yup. There has been talk on diesel sites of wanting (and not wanting) diesel truck specific safety regulations put in place. The trucks are a LOT heavier than your typical race car as well as having a higher center of gravity. My truck is very lightly modified but still will run mid 13s at over 7000lbs. The trucks running compound turbos and heavier fueling will run in the 11s and quicker at the same weight! We're talking street driven, daily driver 4x4's!

Can you imagine the momentum an 11 second, 7000lb+ 4x4 carries with it?

What kind of truck do you have??? Sounds rowdy!!!

Yup. There has been talk on diesel sites of wanting (and not wanting) diesel truck specific safety regulations put in place. The trucks are a LOT heavier than your typical race car as well as having a higher center of gravity. My truck is very lightly modified but still will run mid 13s at over 7000lbs. The trucks running compound turbos and heavier fueling will run in the 11s and quicker at the same weight! We're talking street driven, daily driver 4x4's!

Can you imagine the momentum an 11 second, 7000lb+ 4x4 carries with it?

What's the deal with it??? What do you have done??? Sounds awesome, I love Cummins trucks...

Edge Attitude w/Juice (it has the hot unlock code which adds 180hp), Striker 2 pressure module (65hp), Airaid cold air intake, GDP intake horn, 5" Magnaflow exhaust. Picking it up from the trans shop tomorrow. Built 48RE and billet converter.

In the future, I'd like to add 90hp injector nozzles and a compound turbo kit (using my stock turbo and an S400).

WOW!!! Sounds rowdy... We put an Edge Attitude with Juice and the hot unlock on my buddies 07.5 6.7 2500... It's freaking quick, but all the emissions stuff really kills the performance... We got an AFE cold air kit for it, but haven't put it on yet because of how strict the dealers are being... I was trying to get him to put an MP-8 on there too, but he wants to wait for the Smarty to come out... Now he's more worried about doing a 6" lift, 20" wheels, and 37" tires... It'll look good, but I want to see how that thing runs once you turn it up... The 6.7's are impressive fast, even stock...

Edge Attitude w/Juice (it has the hot unlock code which adds 180hp), Striker 2 pressure module (65hp), Airaid cold air intake, GDP intake horn, 5" Magnaflow exhaust. Picking it up from the trans shop tomorrow. Built 48RE and billet converter.

In the future, I'd like to add 90hp injector nozzles and a compound turbo kit (using my stock turbo and an S400).

Is it an auto trans? If so, better have it built!

I'm considering a Smarty for my truck. I would love to be able to have control over the torque management. Boosted launches are impossible right now and it defuels heavily during shifts if I have the power turned up. Now that I'll have a decent trans, I want to be able to turn the TM down.

At work we've got an 07 6.7 6 speed...With the emissions stuff gone and a Bully Boy PMT stacked with a pressure box (can't remember which one off hand) it's one quick mother.

With a 18' gooseneck and my GN behind it, it still feels quicker than stock.

The truck got out of shape when the driver hit the torque converter lock up switch. He said as soon as it locked up, the truck changed lanes. There is a huge surge of acceleration when my truck's converter locks up, so I know exactly what he's talking about. Once the converter locks, it feels like someone hit the button on a 300hp fogger system.:eek: