Need Help Asap!!!

GNeric

Is there anyone in the Louisiana area who can help out a list memeber and his wife? They were heading home and the T caught fire and is a loss. They are stuck and are not near home yet. They just got off the bridge that crosses over some swamp land and need help badly. They are just off I-10. PLEASE help.

Does anyone know anyone in Louisiana they can call and help out? These are nice people who are in need real bad. Please, anyone???

Sounds like Deliverance II (sp) thats one area I would hate to break down ,the back roads of LA....Hope someone can help out....TTT

v8eater is the closest but I have some names in my old **** book if that would help. Not gonna post info on people in a public forum.

What town are they near.

James never said what town but he said he just got off a bridge that goes over a large swamp area and the bridge is like almost 20 miles long. They got stuck in the middle of it at first and then got the car going and just after getting off the bridge smoke came out from the column and he saw flames. They got some stuff out and the fire spread taking out the rest of the car. :( They got a motel and rented a car. I'm glad they are safe, but I am also heartbroken. :(

This is James guys. We are ok but the car is destroyed. There was some sort of electrical fire under the steering column. We think it was the ignition wire. I just bought the car on Saturday in San Antonio.The car ran so great and the car was exactly as described by the seller. I have no hard feelings toward anyone and I an glad we are both ok. Everything went well until we hit Port Allen Louisiana. We tried to stop the fire but it spread so fast ther was nothing we could do. I hope my insurance will work with me since i did not even have the title in my name yet. The bad thing is we lost the bill of sale and title in the fire. Here are some pics

Attachments

• IM003198.JPG
    IM003198.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IM003200.JPG
    IM003200.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 96
  • IM003201.JPG
    IM003201.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 90
  • IM003208.JPG
    IM003208.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 86
  • IM003203.JPG
    IM003203.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 88
I am glad that you and your family got out ok, but I just can't even imagine having to go through what you have been through. Good luck with the insurance, I certainly hope that everything goes ok. I can't even imagine your heartache about this.

Wells said:
I am glad that you and your family got out ok, but I just can't even imagine having to go through what you have been through. Good luck with the insurance, I certainly hope that everything goes ok. I can't even imagine your heartache about this.

Ditto.. Those pictures almost make me sick to my stomach :(

I wish you the best of luck with the insurance company!!!

UMMMM how about call the seller and have him write and sign a new bill of sale .........just a thought....
also if you have State Farm you have insurance for 30days when just buying the car,,but 1 thing I would never do is tell the insurance that I lost the bill of sale in the fire....

The whole situation makes me sick. I could have saved the car if I was not stuck on that bridge. There was no room in the emergency lane to really check the car out. I drove slowly in the emergency lane for a couple miles and decided to drive out into the main lane when i thought the car was able to get me to the next exit but I was wrong. I lost so much sleep lookng forward to buying the car. The seller is such a nice guy. He held the car for me until I had the money to purchase it and drove half way to meet me to pick it up. We drove around town together test driving the car for about an hour and he even gave me some extra parts to go with it. I feel so bad about what happened and I know he feels worse. However we are both working together with my insurance company to get this worked out. Here are some pics of the car just hours before all this happened. This is how I remember it.

Attachments

• IM003175.JPG
    IM003175.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 86
  • IM003176.JPG
    IM003176.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 84
  • IM003177.JPG
    IM003177.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 73
Well I got in touch with my insurance and they seem to be working with me pretty good so far. They say there is a 90% chance the claim will be approved. The car is at a wrecker yard in Louisiana. I wish I could check out the motor and tranny. I could not get the hood up when I took these pictures. I believe there is nothing wrong with all that mechanically. It will need another body and engine harness and ecm. I wish I could save that part of the car. What is also sad about it is that the wrecker people act like they can't wait to strip parts off it. My insurance said if they approve the claim they will cut me a check and they will take the car. Who knows here it will end up then. :confused:

Sorry to hear about your loss. Those pics literally make me sick. I'm not sure how your insurance company works, but find out from them if you can buy the car back as salvage. A friend of mine got hit while driving his 87 T limited. The insurance company totalled the car, but he bought it back for parts.

Good luck with everything.