Need GM expert help with sending unit for 87 Grand National

GNX548

I called GM and they said that they have the 87 Grand National sending unit #25092748 but it not that number anymore (not with the pump) for $330.00. So i went to GMpartsdirect and tried to order it and they said it was NOT available. So i wrote them and they said the number was superceded by the gm #25055458. Well my book says that's for a digital dash car and my car is not a digital dash car. So I called GM back and they said the number was changed but did not give me the new number. So my question is does anyone know if the digital dash sending unit will work with a non digital dash car??? or does anyone know the new number for the NON digital dash sending unit??. Thanks

My gn was originally a digital dash car...but now has an analog dash in it. Fuel guage has worked fine for 3 years....all the double pumpers i've put in at the shop all have the same sending unit regardless of what car it's going in....so i'd say yes....it will work. Red Armstrong should know...give him a call.

That is the correct number for a non dig dash(25092748), The sender for a dig dash use to be a diff part number(mabey still is) but i dont know the diff. I just ordered (25072748) the other day.

If you are told that you cant get it from a dealer then try another dealer....

The dig dash cars and the analog dash cars used different senders...standard GM senders use like a 90 ohm sender, but the dig dash in the GN/TRs use a 120 ohm...

I think I got the numbers right, but I do know that John Spina @ Casper's Electronics knows which one is which...That, and that one of the senders is discontinued and unavailable...LOL

According to my service manual for 1987 they both used a 90 ohm sender.

Page 8A-82-14

Page 8A-82-0

Just my .02.

The digital dash uses a different sender that is discontinued. It is blue. If you call Caspers, he will suggest you use a analog sender. If my memory is correct, it just won't read full for very long.