Need fuel sender help

CGASTON

Hey everyone. I need some help. I recently bought Jim Bell's Kenne Bell Test car. And after being past to two others and landing in my hands, I am having some issues. This car has the Kenne Bell GNX dash with VDO gauges. My issue is that I am having a problem, so far, with the fuel sender. When the gauge reads 1/2 tank, that MOFO is empty. Trust me as I got stranded on the way to work this morning. Then you add 4.5 gals and it reads full. So you can see that my fuel sender is jacked. Here is what I need to know, I don't really know if there is a major changein the senders with his kit or is it just the stock GN fuel sender and every thing changes/converted at the dask. Please advise so I can get with RACETRONIX and order new sender with pump. Thanks

Clinton

Take it out and take to a GOOD rad shop.They can take it apart and clean in a sonic bath=good as new.

Kevin

The sender is a by metal spring.They get all varnished up:mad: .I have done a few for older cars.I have also seen a hose clamp that holds pump onto hanger turn and hang float arm upo_O .Good luck.Oh and i always test with ohm meter before installing

Kevin

I think their is a spec,I just look for a steady sweep from hi to low when I move the float arm,with no opens

Kevin

If my memory serves me correct, which is scary, I believe it reads 0 at empty to 90 (or 94) at full.