Need for a Jobs Wanted and Jobs Available Page?

Jobs Forum?

• Good Idea - I'd use it:

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Good Idea - but I've got no use for it:

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Bad Idea - no one would use it:

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

joe_schindler

Living better with carbon
In the past year; I’ve talked to several members (and lots of non-members) that have lost jobs or changed jobs for the worse. I’ve asked Shane if he would consider adding a Child off this Forum to help those looking for jobs and those that have positions to fill.

Over the years; I’ve answered lots of ads and sent lots of resumes; but anything good I ever got into came because I knew someone that knew someone else.

If you think this is a good idea or bad; post your thoughts here; and let Shane hear about it and decide.

Thanks,

Joe

It honestly couldn't hurt anything, I'd be up for it. Having went 3 months earlier this year without a job, I, along with many others, can assure you a job is a good thing!

I have been out since last Sep. I took a buyout from Ford, to work at Liberty Mutual as a printer and much better job. Went from $75,000 A year to $38,000, but didn't care about the money it was a much better job. Was there 3 years and they shut us down and moved it to Seattle. Been out ever since. Only jobs I can find or get offered as I should say is $9.00 HR. To make things worse my wife just lost her job also.

Sounds like a good idea. However, it might make sense to do a poll to have an idea of what the majority of people here do... maybe another poll to see where all the members are located (ie: by state- not home addresses) to be able to determine where there is need.

I'm sure there's a huge range of professions so it would be a good idea to know what your "target audience" is looking for so as to tailor the postings...

(ex: If most people here are Doctors, it would be useless to post jobs for mechanics, etc...)

Still a nice idea.

We've tried it before and I still think it's a good idea. We did do some networking in the Texas section last year trying to help a few of us out. I did find a job but as you can see my sig I lost money. I still can't believe what some people want to pay these days. My situation has gotten better but I still have to work my but off to make any money.

And I just realized this is the one year anniversary of me getting laid off. Ironic isn't it.

Wanna move to Kansas Charlie? I can get ya a job up here turning wrenches :biggrin: or anything else for that matter.

Pigs Neutered, Revivals held, Virgins Converted, Bicycle Wheels respoked, Lions tamed, you name it bud:biggrin:

Too dang cold up where you are in the winter for me Ty. Last year I had someone offer me a job in Canada working on heavy equipment for an oil company. Good money but it was way to cold for me.

Too dang cold up where you are in the winter for me Ty. Last year I had someone offer me a job in Canada working on heavy equipment for an oil company. Good money but it was way to cold for me.

Some years it gets cold, some it doesnt. we have LOTS of business begging for GOOD people!!!!!

See ya in Noble bud:eek:

I've considered posting up asking about if anybody needed a metal fab, engine guy that has a little Buick experience. I feel like I'm getting stagnant. I would like to be in a shop that I could expand my experience in, maybe get involved in an outfit that was more race involved.

Disco Stu is looking.

You're always welcome to come up for a visit John. We do some interesting things out here sometimes. It aint a job but it's fun, sometimes.

Anybody looking for a currently certified teacher?

I can't believe that a certified teacher in Texas is looking for a job. I'm certified to teach 4-8th grade (any subject).

Any of you Texas guys know of any schools scrambling for teachers?

I will be glad to give the "Zone" my two weeks for a teaching job.

I'm just messing around by the way. I know this employment thread isn't official, but the early bird gets the worm gentlemen.

Any job leads can be emailed to jerry.berger.jr@gmail.com

Thanks in advance for any help,

Jerry jr.

I can't believe that a certified teacher in Texas is looking for a job. I'm certified to teach 4-8th grade (any subject).

Any of you Texas guys know of any schools scrambling for teachers?

I will glad to give the "Zone" my two errks for a teaching job.

I'm just messing around, I know this employment thread isn't official, but the early bird gets the worm gentlemen.

Jerry jr.

4th to 8th grade? seems like your level JJ.:biggrin: I hadda.:rolleyes:

Seriously though, check with Fort Worth ISD. The office is off University Drive and I'm sure they need some.:cool: If you need direction I can give them to you. I need to send them my resume as well but I hate being up there. Starting pay is around $42K though.

Sounds like a good idea. However, it might make sense to do a poll to have an idea of what the majority of people here do... maybe another poll to see where all the members are located (ie: by state- not home addresses) to be able to determine where there is need.

I'm sure there's a huge range of professions so it would be a good idea to know what your "target audience" is looking for so as to tailor the postings...

(ex: If most people here are Doctors, it would be useless to post jobs for mechanics, etc...)

Still a nice idea.

I’m thinking this would be a “I know a guy that knows a guy” kind of thing. It’s not going to work perfectly every time for every person.

In Jerry’s case below; I know a high school principal that will be scrambling for teachers in September. Close; but won’t work. But somebody else probably knows an elementary principal; and someone else is a high school teacher.

And I can’t get the Canadians to come South of the border into North Dakota. "Too hot; and the pay sucks;" they say.

In Jerry’s case below; I know a high school principal that will be scrambling for teachers in September. Close; but won’t work. But somebody else probably knows an elementary principal; and someone else is a high school teacher.

Is he looking for a shop teacher Joe? I was working on my Bachelors degree when the economy went to crap.:mad: It's in industrial technology and I am an ASE Master Tech after all.:biggrin: I have less than a year on the degree but it's not gonna hapen at the moment for me.:frown:

Is he looking for a shop teacher Joe? I was working on my Bachelors degree when the economy went to crap.:mad: It's in industrial technology and I am an ASE Master Tech after all.:biggrin: I have less than a year on the degree but it's not gonna hapen at the moment for me.:frown:

Well Charlie; actually; he’s a she. Contracts usually run through the end of the summer; and she won’t know till the last minute what and who she’ll need. The last minute rush to fill might work in your favor as the need to quickly fill positions offsets the need to have all of the requirements met.

Summer is her hunting and fishing time; so I won’t see or hear from her till the end of August. I’ll update you then.

Well Charlie; actually; he’s a she. Contracts usually run through the end of the summer; and she won’t know till the last minute what and who she’ll need. The last minute rush to fill might work in your favor as the need to quickly fill positions offsets the need to have all of the requirements met.

Summer is her hunting and fishing time; so I won’t see or hear from her till the end of August. I’ll update you then.

A lady that hunts and fishes? How old and is she single?:confused: Looks like I owe you one again Joe.:biggrin: Keep me updated please. You've got my email and cell so call if you want to talk.:biggrin:

A lady that hunts and fishes? How old and is she single?:confused: Looks like I owe you one again Joe.:biggrin: Keep me updated please. You've got my email and cell so call if you want to talk.:biggrin:

Sorry; she married my best friend from college.