need exhaust input

turbobuickman

What are some of the best sounding/ flowing dual exhaust systems on the market? Im looking into Kirbans 3" or maybe a 2 3/4'' off of Jaysgn.com. What are you guys who dont care about being descrete using? Also, should I buy the cat-back only and get mufflers elsewhere like atr(pitbulls?). Id like to spend around $400-500 in total. An answer to any of these questions would be appreciated.

Kyle

Well not withstanding the customer service issue the ATR 3in is the badest sound that I have heard in a long long while..

I like the Hooker kit for the TR's. It will keep you under your budget too!

ATR crossflow here. It sounds bad when stomped and very smooth at idle. Only draw back was the install, was a bit hairy but I finally got it in. Hey, but what isn't a pain when working on cars. It works great and will most likely be the choice of my wifes 86 GN. ATR was straight forward with me yeah... they do have women that answer the phones and give tips and service help, but they are also trained to do such...I think they are pretty legit.

My buck and a quota

I'm running the Torque Tech dual 3" mandrel bent system with Race Magnum "bullet" mufflers. You have to buy an adapter pipe to make these mufflers work since it's designed for offset style pieces, but it's more than worth the extra $30 IMO. :)

Doug C.

Another vote for the Hooker system....easy install and sounds great..and the least $$$

I just installed a dual 3" system w/Walker Super Dynomax mufflers a couple of weekends ago, I purchased everything from Torque Tech - http://www.torquetechexh.com/default.htm. It took a little bit of trimming to fit but ended up fitting real nice with plenty of clearance, has a nice low rumble at idle and sounds pretty good when driving - very nice product.:cool:

Whatever the system is, remember these two words:

STAINLESS STEEL

Accept no substitutes.