Need Engine rebuilt WI,IL,?

sixbanger

We found a very nice car in great condition to buy, but has major motor issues. Apparantly broken timing chain, bent valves, and who knows what else, it will need to come apart.

First question is where to go? I have had lots of work done at ANS near chicago, but phone is disconnected and Pete's email is not working either? are they still around?

What do you think is worst case and scenario $ wise, built to factory specs, nothing fancy. I need to factor this in when purchasing.

Thanks,
Scott Porterfield
Madison, WI 53590

sixbanger said:
First question is where to go? I have had lots of work done at ANS near chicago, but phone is disconnected and Pete's email is not working either? are they still around?

I've heard he works at Precision Turbo now.

All good suggestions guys. I have done bolt on stuff and repairs, but not sure I am capable of pulling a motor. We are definitely looking for someplace to do the whole thing, and get a worst case $ for repair to know what to pay for this car. I emailed Precision turbo, I wasn't sure if they were a complete repair shop.

great suggestions guys, keep em comin.

I hear very good things about Dan @ DLS engines...He is somewhere in the northwest Indiana area. Do a search, lots of info about him.

Engine Work

Give Gary Oswald a call @ Street Performance (847)690-0925. They do great work! They are @ 183 Randell St., Elk Grove,Il. 60007

FORREST said:
Give Gary Oswald a call @ Street Performance (847)690-0925. They do great work! They are @ 183 Randell St., Elk Grove,Il. 60007
Not many will agree....most will that he is somewhat of a jerk

With ANS out of business I would have to say Dan Strezo, formally of PRecision Engine and Turbo.

HE is in Kouts, but super smart and knowledgeable and a done right the first time guy.

later
Jeremy

I did busness with gary a long time ago. Never had a problem with him. he is a good guy. i have worked with pete from ans and hes a good guy to. i have been trying to get pete to get another shop.

Here is my opinion.

Hey SixBanger,

I think you are looking for a place to pull the engine, get it rebuilt, and then get tit back into the car, tune it and make it run like a raped ape. The only thing you want to do do is: drop the car off, then come back, write a check, turn the key on your ride, and drive away? Cottons Performance center is the place you want to take this car if you want it all done right in one location.

A friend of mine Just picked his car Up from Jack a couple of months ago, he is extremely happy with what all Jack and Brian Cotton did for him. He is completely satified.

In Madison, WI?

Does the guy over at Reese on Hwy 51 have Buick Turbo experience? I'd give him a call? I've been meaning to do the same. I'll give him a try and post if I get a positive response from him.

Hey SixBanger,

I think you are looking for a place to pull the engine, get it rebuilt, and then get tit back into the car, tune it and make it run like a raped ape. The only thing you want to do do is: drop the car off, then come back, write a check, turn the key on your ride, and drive away? Cottons Performance center is the place you want to take this car if you want it all done right in one location.

A friend of mine Just picked his car Up from Jack a couple of months ago, he is extremely happy with what all Jack and Brian Cotton did for him. He is completely satified.
I have to agree with Sam, I am going to be taking my car up to him shortly and doing a motor and other stuff ;), Besides Jack and Brian are the best, in my book, just tyring to get the time off. Jr

Try Protrac

Protrac Racing He Works Out Of His Garage And Does Great Work 1815-603-6224 Dennis , He Has A Mustang With A Stage 2 Runnin 8's