Need Engine help in the Atlanta,Ga area

GrandReaper

Im a newbie who has his first 86 GN dream/nightmare. i recently moved from miami to the atlanta,georgia area and im looking for some help to take care of all of my GN needs. i recently changed my thermostat due to overheating problems and figured that was it. unfortunately it did not solve my problem. on a test drive i smelled coolant in my cabin and upon checking the engine bay saw what looks to be a chip or crack in the block. i dont know what it is and if anyone can tell me its greatly appreciated. if i am screwd, where can i get something like this fixed in my area?
20140529_171831.jpg 20140529_171949.jpg

I'm in Atlanta. Your head looks cracked. I have a spare head but if that motor got real hot then you're looking at a rebuild. Block and other head might be warped.

thanx for responding guys. the motor climbed to 215 before i pulled over and shut it down. i dont get to drive her that much. are there any shops around that is worth taking it to so i can get a build out? i have some $$$$ saved for just such a reason. ive been wanting to juice her up. already did the tranny to Art Carr specs. engine, suspension and rear end were the next step. any info is helpfull. even if i had to send my motor out or buy another where would i even look?

I'm around the corner from you in Acworth. I could come out and take a look at it. You can call me (678) 429-four seven nine four.

Michael

im in dallas, georgia. just west of atlanta
Hi! I am in Dallas, GA and have an 86 GN. I got her in October of last year. It has been a love/hate relationship for sure. I am having a hard time finding local GN folks. I recently had the motor pulled and fully sealed. GM 8555 black paint is next!

Hooters every 3rd saturday 11:30am. Turbobuick club of atlanta on face book. I think alan is heading that up. Next week we r meeting at year one at the car show from what I've heard

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app