Need downpipe advice

jghall6

Getting ready to replace my stock downpipe. Look at my signature set up and point me in the right direction. I want a downpipe with the internal wastegate. Thanks.

TA is a great piece, fits perfect and looks good. Pricey though. RJC is another good one too. Maybe a THDP if you can find a used one.

Can you provide me a link? The THDP has been discontinued for a number of years now.

Nix

Second on the TA pipe, only problem is they are out of the 3" internal pipe for at least another 2-3 weeks.

That looks like my pipe, but it is NOT made by TH. It must be a copy. I would suggest a TA or Gbody.

Nix

Do any of these aftermarket DPs fit under the stock turbo cover without modification?

I don't think so. It looked to me like all of them required the cover to be cut open more on that end. I went ahead & bought another cover to cut instead of cutting my original one.

~JM~

I have a new unused stainless THDP if anyone is interested. I am going to post it up in the for sale section soon but just haven't got around to it yet.

TAs are very nice !! Hmmmm White Racing sells Reds parts.. and Red sells THDPs. At lease they use to.

I dont know what kind of $ you want to spend on a down pipe, but for the money, I have been extremely pleased with my Kirban's 3" downpipe. It utilizes the stock exhaust elbow, which I ported and polished myself. I think it was like $185 when I bought it. Made a tremendous difference in power, and spools much faster.

I dont know what kind of $ you want to spend on a down pipe, but for the money, I have been extremely pleased with my Kirban's 3" downpipe. It utilizes the stock exhaust elbow, which I ported and polished myself. I think it was like $185 when I bought it. Made a tremendous difference in power, and spools much faster.

I see that Kirban makes the 2 piece (to use with the stock elbow) and the one piece downpipe. I'm leaning towards the one piece. I just want to ensure it fits considering I have the headers I ordered through the GSCA (made by Hooker).

Had one on my old WH-1 T Type. Was there when I bought it. Always had problems with it leaking and was hard to seal. Not to mention the allen head hardware was a collossal PITA to deal with. Finally had it welded solid with a dump tube and testpipe added.

I've personally never liked dealing with them. Plus they still use the restrictive stock elbow, even if it's ported.

Didn't know Kirban's sold a one piece unit.