Need downpipe advice

I have a TA perf down-pipe. Nice looking & solid piece. I have not installed it yet so cannot comment on fit or ease of installation. I would avoid using the stock elbow. That looks like a hell of a wall for the turbine discharge to hit.

~JM~

I would avoid using the stock elbow. That looks like a hell of a wall for the turbine discharge to hit.

~JM~

I wouldn't use a 3" pipe till you are in the 11s.. We ran stock elbows for years on stock motors. Mid 11s. Guess its amazing what guys could do with stock junk :D

Second on the TA pipe, only problem is they are out of the 3" internal pipe for at least another 2-3 weeks.

When I called Friday, TA said the downpipes were supposed to be in today or tomorrow. Hopefully the person I talked to is right.

So a 3'' downpipe until your in the 11's isnt going to do much? I was just about to purchase a 3'' rjc downpipe and a 3'' rjc crossflow exhaust.

Current Mods include:
60lb injectors
TT Chip
Walbro 340 fuel pump
hotwire kit

Would it be a waste of money to replace the downpipe?

So a 3'' downpipe until your in the 11's isnt going to do much? I was just about to purchase a 3'' rjc downpipe and a 3'' rjc crossflow exhaust.

Current Mods include:
60lb injectors
TT Chip
Walbro 340 fuel pump
hotwire kit

With my setup (lightly modded), I definately noticed a gain when I got the dp. I went from having the stock exhaust which is quite restrictive to just running the dp. I am in the process of getting a muffler and full exhaust. A free flowing exhaust is only going to benefit any turbo setup...

So a 3'' downpipe until your in the 11's isnt going to do much?

It will make a huge difference, many have done exactly that and reported back great results, including myself on my first stock turbo car. I believe the stock elbow, downpipe and cat should be replaced before the catback system - being they are more restrictive, in my opinion.
Just because someone says they went 11s on a stock downpipe, doesn't mean that is the way you should go. Others have also gone 11s with the stock turbo. They are the exceptions, not the rule.

Its an 8600 original mile car and am terrified of killing the value. Downpipe testpipe and exhaust were gonna be the last things I was gonna do but not sure if that will affect the value

I wouldn't use a 3" pipe till you are in the 11s.. We ran stock elbows for years on stock motors. Mid 11s. Guess its amazing what guys could do with stock junk :D
I'd hesitate to call it stock junk. I have a feeling that there were probably several hours of port work performed on that stock junk. Talented engine builders can go a long way with seemingly stock parts.

~JM~

Its an 8600 original mile car and am terrified of killing the value. Downpipe testpipe and exhaust were gonna be the last things I was gonna do but not sure if that will affect the value

I wouldn't think those mods would affect value. You're not drilling holes and everything you are putting on can be taken off and replaced with your original stock parts. Just keep everything if that is your goal.

I'd hesitate to call it stock junk. I have a feeling that there were probably several hours of port work performed on that stock junk. Talented engine builders can go a long way with seemingly stock parts.

~JM~

I was being sarcastic o_O NOT a lot of hours but some.. Maybe 2 hours .. Wifes new TTA in 89 ran 11.9s @ 114.. chip, dumptube, M&H Dots (new tires at the time) K&N filter and a shift kit . Car was stock otherwise.. What a blast it was !! Oh ran wezil piss race gas to !! I would NOT do anything you could see on an 8600 mile car except for tires and an Alky kit.. (both easily removed ). Hmmm thinking here.. Now that the car is old I would also do a fuel pump and a stock adjustable regulator :D

I have a Mease pipe i baught used that i love if you can find one used go with it