need carb for new project

This f*cker is going to give me a heart attack. After replacing the accelerator pump, blocking off all the vac lines to the canister, egr, and vac ball it's gotten about halfway there. It's very possible it may be ok to drive to the car wash. Still has a dead spot right off idle though and if I catch it the car will die or at least sputter. I did notice the casing on the map sensor seemed to be unsealed. Still haven't unhooked the brake booster line and see if it makes a difference. Not counting on it though. Thoughts? Suggestions?

It might come to that. Some think it may be the float, but I don't think it is. Hell idk. If it doesn't get fixed by the end of the week it's not getting fixed at all. All these 3.8 v6 2barrels sitting on yanked motors and I can't even get one.

this is crazy man... sorry i missed your message via FB... i havent downloaded that messenger yet so ita PITA.

have you tried increasing the size of the accel pump shot? sounds like thats where the flat spot is coming from

I'm done pissing with it. Unless someone offers to sell me a known good carb. Id love to have it running and driving but its cutting into 455 time. Not to mention we4 time.

Well, got another carb and replaced the map sensor since the other one was broke apart. Still the same thing. Bog off idle. Exhaust smells like sulphur. I almost think the cat is plugged. It's either that or the o2 is completely shot but I'm leaning more towards the cat. I'm gonna try getting the bolts broke loose (or broke) and bust it clean out tomorrow if I have time.

Yup. Just broke it out. Car runs a lot better. Still has some weird hesitation right off idle. Maybe the 02 is lazy or it's because I don't have the egr hooked up.

Who the hell design the exhaust manifold and crossover on these junk things? Hell even if someone had developed some shitty shorty headers and crossover would be better than this crap.

The car still stumbles, especially once it gets warm. If I ease into it, it's not too bad but if I hit it from a dead stop it almost dies. Would a dead 02 cause this? Don't know what else it would be. Before the car gets fully warmed up it seems to accelerate decent. It does have a vss code 24 but I doubt it has anything to do with what is going on.

Is the choke sticking? I had a car once which did the same thing and it ended up being an intermitent choke issue. Maybe defeat the choke and rig it so it stays open and try it out.

I'll double check it but I'm sure its working. The car run the same way with the other carb.

It's possible that the timing is off or timing chain is getting to the point of needing replacement. I still say you need to adjust the mixture screws though.