Need brake Accumilator ...

TurboV

Heavy,Black and Handsome.
I hope someone has a new or a good used brake accumilator. I dont want to throw a bunch of money into these crappy powermaster brakes and not ready to do (OR Pay For) the vacume conversion yet. In Florida, this is my best time to drive the car more for the next 3-4 months. Lots of people have converted and may have extra parts. $180 is kind of steep for a new one ..but i like when the car stops when i want it to.:p Thanks for any help or input.

I hope someone has a new or a good used brake accumilator. I dont want to throw a bunch of money into these crappy powermaster brakes and not ready to do (OR Pay For) the vacume conversion yet. In Florida, this is my best time to drive the car more for the next 3-4 months. Lots of people have converted and may have extra parts. $180 is kind of steep for a new one ..but i like when the car stops when i want it to.:p Thanks for any help or input.

Victor,

Sent you email, but it just bounced back. Email me at Bryan@ERA.com and I will resend. Thanks!:biggrin:

I got several good used ones at the moment. MIne are the Cardone reproduction that have been trouble free.

They are $100 each

New they run $179.95

No matter whose you buy be sure to flush your old fluid....fluid should not look like pepsi....should almost be clear.

Accumulator is not a 100% problem solver but most times if pedal gets hard.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I've got one brand new I had on the car for 1 week but it wasn't that and I decided to switch over to vacuum set up. If your interested PM me.

I got several good used ones at the moment. MIne are the Cardone reproduction that have been trouble free.

They are $100 each

New they run $179.95

No matter whose you buy be sure to flush your old fluid....fluid should not look like pepsi....should almost be clear.

Accumulator is not a 100% problem solver but most times if pedal gets hard.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Thanks Dennis. I did flush the fluid and it looks good. I used the car all weekend and took it to the Turkey Run with no problems. The petal feels fine. My concern is the light flashes when you touch the brake petal. trouble shooting tells me its the accumulator.My fear is this leading to the brakes completely failing. I will have no problem spending $100 or a little less to replace. All other components seem to operate as they should. Ill give you a call regarding those good used ones. (Im sure you've tested them) Thank You.

I will let you have mine for 100 and m only down in Orlando. Known good, came off my old car.

$129...new.... i can show you who has them... Got one for my Lincoln lsc yesterday...made in Germany 1000psi nitrogen charge

Hey VooDoo,

I am a Parts Mgr at a GM and Ford dealership. Could you tell me what year
lincoln ls this acc. went on? I have a 87 Limited that needs a
accumulator..

Thanks
Robert

Hey VooDoo,

I am a Parts Mgr at a GM and Ford dealership. Could you tell me what year
lincoln ls this acc. went on? I have a 87 Limited that needs a
accumulator..

Thanks
Robert

The brake bowls even if appearance is the same PSI specs are not from Ford/Jag to the Buicks.....

You really don't want to substitute one from another application.

I currently have 2 good tested used reproduction Cardone bowls available at $100 each and $10 shipping retail for new ones we get $179.95 for.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

What are the PSI spec of the buick accumulator,, if I remember the lincoln is 3000 psi, but I will confirm that later..ohh the site I have for the ball at 129 new lists it for buick regal and lincoln,, they must just be lying to get theirs sold.. I will confirm...

You will various later cars used a similar brake bowl....also threads where it screws in will vary...

At this stage in time you basically got two options the new reproduction cardone bowl which several major vendors sell and has been virtually without any issues, finding a tested good used second version (one has yellow silk screenining on it) original version (all black) is like non existant. Other trick or suggestion is be sure to flush your brake system.

I think the Buick psi is 175 (I am not sure Richard Clark would know). If Lincoln is 3,000 that is a world of difference.....it makes little sense to me to gamble on a part related to brakes from another car or application. I am referring to the powermaster system and mixing parts related to the power master system.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

In looking at their ad it claims its for ABS systems which would cover later brake systems since our cars (1985-1987 Turbo Regals) do not have.

Not saying I am right only that I just don't think the coverage is that wide spread for the brake bowl that is required on the 1985-1987 powermaster units.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

hey man if you need one I have two I will sell you one for 125 shipped