Need advice on what to do with my GN

BOOSTD

Well folks, ive been thinking about it lately and ive realized that im not going to be able to fix/upgrade my GN anytime soon. Im not working while im in college (except for the summer) and after college comes grad school/med school, so I wont be making enough money to mod both my GN and my SS. My GN needs a lot of work as it is. The engine needs to be rebuilt (3000$),theres something wrong with the brakes, the T-tops need repairing ($$$$), the interior needs to be redone ($$$$), and all the speekers need to be replaced (all blown). About the only thing on my car that is in perfect condition is the trans and possibly the cigarette lighter....wait, that doesnt work either :( . So my question to all of you is if I should keep my GN untill someday down the road where I can put the time and money in it that it diserves, or sell it to someone who would take better care of it? I realy dont want to get rid of my GN but I also have to realize that time and funds are gona be limited for the next 6-8 years and I dont want my GN to turn into a rust bucket lawn ordament that use to be something but is now only worthy of a junk yard :(

Ideas, oppinions and suggestions are all greatly appreciated...

thanks
BOOSTD

i think selling it would be the best choice plus when your done with school you can buy one thats already in awsome shape when your pulling in 100K a year. i know it sucks cause im in the same position(no money while in college)

I used to have a 71 Lemans that was my project car. I got a real deal on a 70 Lemans Sport convertible and had both for a while with grand plans for both. Money and time and the fact that the convertible was really in bad shape made me realize I couldn't do 2 projects and be happy with either. I sold the convertible. I happily worked on the first car for a few more years and then bought my buick.

The convertible bug is still bugging me and I will get one in the next year I hope but selling the other one was the right thing to do.

Despite the fact its a Buick, by the time you are working and can afford another car, you will be much happier buying a Buick in great shape and maintaining it rather than having to do a restoration before being able to drive the one you have. I vote to sell it.

What jerrad and BJM said.

Sounds like it needs alot of work. College is more important.

I'd sell it. Especially if it is not Garaged.

dude atleast you got one cool ride, sell it and get another down the road, or you can do what i do and work 75 hours a week and go to school, it sucks and i wouldnt advise it but it for some reason its what i wanna do.

I'd say if you have a garage or somewhere you can keep it out of the weather, you might consider hanging on to it. My best friend had a 67 Mustang convertable in high school and drove it all through college and did what he could to keep it in nice shape and managed to use it as a daily driver for nearly 10 years. When we got out of college he got a company car and the Mustang sat for several years in his parents garage, a couple years later he got married bought an old house and left the Mustang out in the yard with a cover over it now going on 6 years. The car has really gone downhill and sadly has fallen into a sad state of repair. Had it been garage kept I'm sure the car would still be in decent shape. Don't let the GN go downhill, if you can't store it I say let her go....and buy a GNX when you get out of med school.;)

I'd put med. school off for a year while I worked part time and got my Buick to be the reliable driver it should be to get you through school. ;)

My old Buick '69 GS400 got me through school just fine but it only had 105K on it when I bought it. :cool:

It didn't like the daily commute to work however. :D

I really think you need to readjust those priorities. :p

Since you are probably a literate person a copy of the service manual and a few months working on the car may only require you to take half a year off to fix her up. :)