Need a VIN checked on car fax and opinion on 86 GN for sale

XMAN

Can someone please run a carfax on VIN (1G4GK4778GP429693)
A local dealer is asking 18,800 for an 86 GN, with 47,000 actual miles, t-tops, interior and paint are in great shape, it needs bumper fillers and there is a crack in the driver side header.

The aftermarket items are Kenne Bell turbo, buick gn differential cover, KB streched intercooler,green stripe injectors, KB ram air with KB LOWER air dams, boost gauge and hood mounted fuel gauge, atr 7th injector and a few other basic upgrades.

What is a good price for the car?

Thank you

I would say a good price would be whatever someone is willing to pay for it. But $18.8K for an 86 with 47K miles seems WAY high to me. Damn I've seen GNX's in the past go for near that amount with less miles. And you can get 86-87 GN's on e-bay with WAYYY less miles for less money. If it's REALLY nice (which it sounds like it has some problems such as the crack and the bumper fillers) then I would go as high as $12K personally. I think you could get him WAY down on the price by telling him it's NOT original, and point out the problems with it. But it's totally your decision. But Iwouldn't pay that much and I'm in Hawaii where everything is twice as expensive. :)

Derrick

FYI,
I know it's not a GN, but I just paid $8k for an '87 Regal Limited T-type with 43k miles. The car is in outstanding shape, no rust, no dings, very good paint and 100% stock. Interior is near mint.

From what I've seen over the last few months, $18k is typical dealer BS. $12k is fair if it's as you described.
S.

Ran a car fax on the veh and it showed nothing bad other than 11-13-89 it had 44,439 miles , it seems strange the bumper fillers are cracked at this miles , also the headers usally last longer than that before they crack .Maybe it has just sit a long time ,
So it has only went 3k mi in 13 years ?
Mark W

That is way to high for a GN with those kind of miles. There is an 87 GN advertised here with 18,000 miles for $13,500. It's been painted but if the miles are original it's worth it. $18,000 for a GN with 44,000 on it is way to high. Just my 2 cents.

44K miles in 1989!!!!! There you go. If you really want it, get that car fax and go to the dealer and offer him $8K for the 147K mile car he has there. There is NO way the car has sat and only had 3K miles put on it since 1989 without it being very noticable that it's been sitting for a long time.

Derrick

My sentiments exactly..

That car has seen 44,000 miles more than once!
I say get a carfax sheet.. go to the dealership and catch them in a lie. You'll get it for a lot cheaper.

Thanks guys for the information

Hey guys thanks for your help, that's the type of honest information I wanted to hear.

$18K for a car with cosmetic damage :eek: :eek:

Let some other sucker get stuck with that one!!!!

Make SURE you shove the Carfax in the dealers face!!!!! And do him a BIG favor and offer him $4000.00 for it!! I'll BET he takes it!!!