need a turbo recommendation

red83

eagle h-beam rods
eagle forged crank
arp rod bolts
arp main studs
t/a billet main caps
champion cast iron ported heads
42lb injectors (these will be upgraded when i decide on a new turbo)
te60 turbo
3 inch downpipe
precision intercooler
brian hofer built transmission
3200 stall
ta 270 cam-270 duration .455 lift
full weight car
3.42 gears

i will upgrade to a alky injection when i get the new turbo. or run race gas. leaning towards alky inj.

the car currently has a te-60 on it. i drive it once a week to town, but i am wanting to start taking it to the track more often after i sell my t/a

I would consider the 6776RS Hartline is having a sale right now, give them a call.
Not sure if any of the other vendors are having sales right now.
You may also want to consider one of the Turbonetics BB Units.
I am not sure that the 61MM unit would be enough of an upgrade to justify the expense.

no budget.

low 10's or better

i know i am very borderline on the converter for my et goal, but the stars may align in my favor.

no budget.

low 10's or better

i know i am very borderline on the converter for my et goal, but the stars may align in my favor.

Dad gum....

Why stop at 10's.... J/K

I would recommend maybe a 70mm turbo and a converter change. IMHO... if you want to run low 10's..... build it for the mid 9's.... then low 10's will be a walk in the park...

IMHO... a 67 bb turbo would be the minimum turbo for low 10's...... it is more the exception not the rule....most people with 67's and a carefully prepared combo... on a good track.... seem to be mid to upper 10's....

I read a post today that Mike Ricketts (sp?)... ran like 10.14 on 22 psi... with a 70GTQ.....street tune. This is a good example of a well thought out combo... going low 10's... without pushing everything to its limit.

HTH

You could try the 70BB with a P Trim wheel.
I am not sure you could spool the Q or bigger wheel.
If you are not worried about the budget you may want to consider
a different converter. Dusty Bradford can hook you up with a PTC.
Other options include Anderson/ ATI and DLS/Chance.

i have run a ptc in my ls car before. i always go back to the precision (aka. vigilante)

ok...if we are changing converters lets go all out. let me here what you think

what converter?
what turbo?

A 70mm ball bearing... with probably a P trim wheel like John said.... and a Dusty Bradford spec'd PTC non lock converter.... same one the TSM guys are running.... Dick Kerney has run 9.14 on one of those converters. The P trim will spool up faster than a Q trim or a GTQ trim... especially on a 231 inch motor.

Probably need 72's on the injectors....

I would consider the 83s or the new racetronix units.
The 72s can be maxed out with the 70MM Turbos.

I would consider the 83s or the new racetronix units.
The 72s can be maxed out with the 70MM Turbos.

I'd assumed he would be spraying alky as well.... Grumpy uses 60's in Melissa's car and has gone 9.94...... but the alky is providing a substantial boost in fuel that the 60's don't have to tote...

I do agree however if no alky is sprayed.... and you must rely solely on the injectors to supply that fuel...

I'd assumed he would be spraying alky as well.... Grumpy uses 60's in Melissa's car and has gone 9.94...... but the alky is providing a substantial boost in fuel that the 60's don't have to tote...

I do agree however if no alky is sprayed.... and you must rely solely on the injectors to supply that fuel...

I did not see the alky mentioned so I based my recommendation on the known variables. The alky is great and can add an additional 15-20% from what I have read. I have not installed mine yet so I do not have any experience.
I can tell you that I was seeing ~90% DC with a 70 P Trim on a aluminum headed 234ci motor with the 72lbs injectors. I put 83s on it and sold it before I could retune and test it. This was spinning around 6500 and close to 30psi.

You could try the 70BB with a P Trim wheel.
I am not sure you could spool the Q or bigger wheel.
If you are not worried about the budget you may want to consider
a different converter. Dusty Bradford can hook you up with a PTC.
Other options include Anderson/ ATI and DLS/Chance.
who is this dusty bradford?

who is this dusty bradford?

He is a good guy... screen name Dusty Bradford.

He is a rep for PTC converters... has owned/raced many turbo regals.... his current car runs low 8's on radials. He has developed the "knack" for being able to listen to a potential customers combo... and needs... and specifying the converter to PTC.... that usually is just what you wanted..... the first time...

Converter thread

Check that thread out on converters.... Dusty is all in that thread.

He is not the only game in town.... but at the moment IMHO.... he is one of the most popular converter guys....making waves in the turbo Buick world.

I like the GT6776 ball bearing with the H housing. I have a 3200 converter and its a great match. My goals are like yours and I believe the turbo can handle high 9's