Need a quick answer to my question

gndriver

OK I just finish having my car towed from the ford Dealership. I went to test drive the 2003 cobra and when I got back to my car the starter had died. I rememer reading Gm-hightech with janes armstrong turbo t and that red armstrong added an lt1 starter thats 8 pounds lighter. Does anyone one know which one it is so that I can go to the autoparts and buy a new one.

Thanks

Not sure which LT1 starter, but there is also a lightweight starter offered by the folks over at www.turbobuicks.com - that is probably the same unit. It's in the vendors section I believe....thought that might put you in the right direction...

Rich

OK thanks for the reference but i cant wait for it to be shipped. I wish I could. I found the starter at discount autoparts but I dont know which bolts for it to fit in. Does someone have a part number for the bolts? I have the parts number from gntype.org Starter, Bolts for Light Weight Unit 12338064 & 14037733, but no one has them? is there another part number that will work?

4th gen LT1

The starter that you are looking for is off the 93-97 LT1 4th gen f-bodies. Far as bolts go, I just went to Lowe's or Home Depot and bought some grade 8 bolts.

See that, your car is getting back at you for looking at a Ford;)