need a quadrajet expert

It says cup it and it's a momentary thing. Anyway we're talking apples and bananas here. That write up and everything else I've read never deals with electronic carbs unless it's the Delco Remy. The only one I know of that does is Doug Roe's book. And even that left huge gaps of information missing.

Nope....none of the stuff in those write-ups apply to a CCC carb. They are unique. Racers and tuners hate them because the're too complex to figure out. They are not good for racing because one has limited control over them.

I will share with you this electronic 1981 Q-jet manual. It is more complex then the Roe book. But the information is accurate. And trust me, the only differance between the year and model vehicle of the CCC carb is what I previously wrote. TUNED DIFFERANTLY!!! With the exception of the electronic turbo carb which has shorter secondary linkage.

True it is tuned differently and the secondary linkage is definatly shorter.But heres what im thinking as stated above i think the 84 computer cant compensate the carb to the engine becouse of the way it is tuned..If i slap on the 86 307 carb it works perfect.Do u think i should drop the metering rods and jets into the turbo quadrajet from the 307 carb..which works.
perfect.I know u say they are the same but i think the 307 deal is bigger becouse it was on an eight.

The secondary's on the turbo quadrajets open quick becouse of the shorter linkage and seem to be metered right.It is the primary's i think cant compensate..Remember the 84 olds computer was meant to run the 2 barrel deal and i think the jets and rods are bigger on that unit.

The 307 carb is off a v-8 so the rods and jets are definatly bigger than the turbo deal. Im going to give that a shot and report my findings. It has been a real challenge so far but im determined to see whats up for my self instead of getting it done local and having the same issues..

The hardened caps are still on one of them And the other holley must have removed them but painted them in the position they are supposed to be in, but i quickly fixed that tinkering with it.Altimatly i put them back in the same exact position after there was really no difference in the way the carb was acting.. after adjustment.

Im just really weirded out about how 2 "turbo" quadrajets are acting.. alike.

One thing you must remember is that the MCC solinoid does meter fuel but the idle circuit is still basically a standard Q-jet. If the solinoid is clicking but you didn't remove the blocks from the mix screws you may have something clogging the passages. You need to remove them and make sure they are clear. I've had a few of the E4ME carbs that had to have the screws out as far as 5 turns each side to idle.
Other than a stock rebuild did you put a cam in it? I don't remember. Posible vac issue?

True it is tuned differently and the secondary linkage is definatly shorter.But heres what im thinking as stated above i think the 84 computer cant compensate the carb to the engine becouse of the way it is tuned..If i slap on the 86 307 carb it works perfect.Do u think i should drop the metering rods and jets into the turbo quadrajet from the 307 carb..which works.
perfect.I know u say they are the same but i think the 307 deal is bigger becouse it was on an eight.

The secondary's on the turbo quadrajets open quick becouse of the shorter linkage and seem to be metered right.It is the primary's i think cant compensate..Remember the 84 olds computer was meant to run the 2 barrel deal and i think the jets and rods are bigger on that unit.

The 307 carb is off a v-8 so the rods and jets are definatly bigger than the turbo deal. Im going to give that a shot and report my findings. It has been a real challenge so far but im determined to see whats up for my self instead of getting it done local and having the same issues..

The puter may not be compensating but it's not because of the 2 to 4 barrel switch. The E2ME is nothing more than the front 2 barrels off the Q-jet and at WOT they behave the same. As far as the secondarys opening faster that's mechanically but the butterfly on the top is operated by vac so even if the mechanical part opens it won't do anything untill the top opens. There are ways to tune this feature and it's not hard.
Have you checked to see if the bottom plates will interchange yet?

One thing you must remember is that the MCC solinoid does meter fuel but the idle circuit is still basically a standard Q-jet. If the solinoid is clicking but you didn't remove the blocks from the mix screws you may have something clogging the passages. You need to remove them and make sure they are clear. I've had a few of the E4ME carbs that had to have the screws out as far as 5 turns each side to idle.
Other than a stock rebuild did you put a cam in it? I don't remember. Posible vac issue?

The puter may not be compensating but it's not because of the 2 to 4 barrel switch. The E2ME is nothing more than the front 2 barrels off the Q-jet and at WOT they behave the same. As far as the secondarys opening faster that's mechanically but the butterfly on the top is operated by vac so even if the mechanical part opens it won't do anything untill the top opens. There are ways to tune this feature and it's not hard.
Have you checked to see if the bottom plates will interchange yet?

Been working alot, im going to switch the bottom plate, put the shorter linkage on it so the secondaries open faster.Im happy witht the 307 carb which i have been using.It is something about having the turbo quadrajet that keeps me posting about um thou..Maybe im just to fasinated by the way they both act im just trying to figure um out...;)

Thanks for trying, can u email it? Compress it with winrar and then email.
The pdf is not for CCC but it hit the nail right in the coffin.

PM me your e-mail address, I don't have WINRAR but I can send you a zip file. Even with that it's almost 6MB so it's pretty big.:cool:

Been working alot, im going to switch the bottom plate, put the shorter linkage on it so the secondaries open faster.Im happy witht the 307 carb which i have been using.It is something about having the turbo quadrajet that keeps me posting about um thou..Maybe im just to fasinated by the way they both act im just trying to figure um out...;)

Jimski you're confusing me. You mean you're going to swap out the throttle plate right? :confused:

That's all you'll need from the 83' turbo carb. There is nothing else differant from both carbs other than the tuning rods on the secondary and the bracket that holds the rods. It's all tuning there.

The shorter secondary opening linkage is already on the throttle plate so why are you going to remove it? (That is what I was refering to not the one on the air horn). :confused:

Jimski you're confusing me. You mean you're going to swap out the throttle plate right? :confused:

That's all you'll need from the 83' turbo carb. There is nothing else differant from both carbs other than the tuning rods on the secondary and the bracket that holds the rods. It's all tuning there.

The shorter secondary opening linkage is already on the throttle plate so why are you going to remove it? (That is what I was refering to not the one on the air horn). :confused:

Yeah yeah youre right!The choke pull off on the turbo carbs are also shorter than the 307carb ill guess ill change that too.you have a pm

If i just boost reference this double pump holley i have which is not computer controlled .Will the car's computer still control knock and the ignition or does the computer controlled quadrajet carb factor in on it.

Fred thanks so much for the awesome carb manual apreciate it. I wish it had a trouble shooting section thou. But the information is very valuable for someone that does not understand the CCC quadrajet. Thank you.It would be a great sticky for this this part of the forum.

Put the botton plate on the 307 carb geometry is correct now.Works a great.
also pulled the choke pulloff of the turbo quadrajet and put that on,becouse it is shorter in lengh.

It is all good.

Cool. 1 thing I didn't mention is the fact the the E4ME on the V6 doesn't open as far as the V8 cars on the rear. by switching to the V8 carb you get a little more performance. BTW what's q? lol

Cool. 1 thing I didn't mention is the fact the the E4ME on the V6 doesn't open as far as the V8 cars on the rear. by switching to the V8 carb you get a little more performance. BTW what's q? lol

On Q,q,(show biz saying)on time,in sync, ect...:redface:

Update, put the #17083244 quadrajet from sowl's 83 parts car and works great.Just has a faster idle from the plates sticking Im going to freshen it up now i know it works.As for the stack of turbo quadrajets i have now,looks like ebay time with um.

You think you've got a few huh? I'll take a pic of the hoard I've got right now if you wanna see it Jim.lol If you have a non ECM operated one PM me.

You think you've got a few huh? I'll take a pic of the hoard I've got right now if you wanna see it Jim.lol If you have a non ECM operated one PM me.

I have from from a 77 or 78 corvette or truck needs some things thou,if u need u pay shipping for it...