Need a nice looking way to display Hot Wheels

gn1220

I finally finished my basement and now that it is a family space I need an attractive way to display my Hot Wheels, as well as my other die-cast, cars. What have you guys done to show off your collections in a way that keeps the wife happy? I would like something to show them off so I don't have to stick them in a box. I also have a complete collection of Disney Cars cars so anything to help that situation would be great too. I have a ton of wall space to I thought of trying to find some way to mount them on a poster size board of some type? I'm sorta stuck..........help!:confused:

I purchased used glass display cases for my larger diecast cars, first picture shows a 4ft x 6ft for my 1/18th GMP cars, plus a few others, also used 2ft x 2ft cases for smaller car displays(used acrylic stands to highlight specfic cars) This keeps them from getting to dusty and is great for "showing" them off.

Attachments

• August_6 135 (Small).jpg
    August_6 135 (Small).jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 471
  • Oct23 143 (Small).jpg
    Oct23 143 (Small).jpg
    60 KB · Views: 451
  • Oct23 151 (Small).jpg
    Oct23 151 (Small).jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 458
  • Oct23 140 (Small).jpg
    Oct23 140 (Small).jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 443
Lots of wall space... make your own "display cases." Thats what I did... home depot, black shelves 12 x 48 - $8. You can size/adjust shelves to fit your needs. Then put plexiglass (the most expensive part of the project - 3x6 sheet=$40) on it... keeps the dust (& kids!) out :cool:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 432
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 459
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 432
Thanks for the ideas guys but I'm really looking for a nice way to display all of my Hot Wheels and Cars cars that are still in the blister packs. I could just tack them around the room but I wanted something a little more tasteful. But keep the ideas coming.:smile:

Could you do something with a few of these?

5-Pack.jpg

They're available from Protech in many configurations in addition to other styles of displays.

They may also be available here.

Thanks for the ideas guys but I'm really looking for a nice way to display all of my Hot Wheels and Cars cars that are still in the blister packs. I could just tack them around the room but I wanted something a little more tasteful. But keep the ideas coming.:smile:

You could do a large glass cases (like mine) with pegboard instead of shelves that way you could hang your collectable blister packs unopened and still display them

Thanks. That is just what I need, only a bunch of them but looking at the site it says they are sold out.

Click on the link at the bottom of my previous post. They may have them.
If you do a web search on "Protech Hot Wheels" many other sources come up. My local K-Mart currently has a 10 pack of single car protectors clearance priced at $8 which includes an exclusive car.

hot wheels display

I put mine on a rotating candy style rack. It can be turned to view the collection. These racks are easy to find.