Need a little help with tune

blacknfast

Hey guys,

It's been a little while since I have been on, but have been working out of town for the past 2 years.
I have an 87 GN and installed a T plus with the extender chip and could use some help tuning the car to run right.
The car runs real strong until I get into low boost and then it detonates.
Is there anyone I could take it to? I know I should contact Richard Clark but I work out of town.
I will be in town for Christmas week.

Thanks,

Gail AKA blackandfast

Where do you live? That would probably help.

If the car is in good mechanical order and you can rent some dyno time in Raleigh on a weekend, Ill tune it for you. I dont want to spend a bunch of time chasing gremlins but Ill do the tune if you want.

Got to get back on the horse sometime.....

Car is in great mechanical order. It has been sort of cutting out when I go into to boost. I have a trans plus and an extender chip installed. changed the LS1 maf, coil and module, spark plugs and wires. checked compression and all was good. I am going to check the fuel regulator and pump this week end.
I have December 22 through the 1st of the year off, if we could make that work. Where is a dyno in Raleigh?

Thanks,

Theres a bunch of places.. I cant really recommend one over the other. If you want some gigantic numbers, Fastlane's dyno provides ridiculous numbers.

Have you tried richening up the mid range through the chip? I assume the Extender chip does that like Turbo Tweak. I always recommended the Translator Pro but Ive done some tuning with Bob's chips, its just been a while.

Jay,

I'm really not looking for big numbers HP. I am just trying to get the car to run right. I'll try to richening up the mid range through the chip tomorrow.

Thanks,

Jay,

Figured out the problem. I thought that the car had a hot wire kit and to my surprise it did not? I installed a new kit from Caspers and the car has never run like it does now. Wow thanks for the reply.

The car is for sale and has a little over 53.000 miles on it.

Thank,