Need a Engine Block in the Phoenix Area

e309452

Just bought a 1985 Grand National that's been converted to 87 intercooled specs. Got it super cheap due to the included milkshake. Decided to pull the motor to do a quick refresh and found that the bores are scored pretty bad. The engine is already .030 over so figured I should see if I could source another block with a std bore that could be bored .030 over. The current block is a 140, but I'd be interesed in 109 blocks as well. Let me know what you have and what your asking.

Also anyone ever rebuilt a PTE-44? Or know anyone that can? There is quite a bit of play, but nothing is scraping yet.

Hey, shoot me pics of the car. I think it is my old one I sold a few months ago, and evidently it has changed hands twice since then.

James

I have a complete, disassembled 109 motor in my garage that I was saving but I might part with.

It is your car from what I've read... What are you looking to get for it? Not sure when the next time I'll be in SD though.

He won't sell me just a block, he will only build an engine for me or rebuild mine.

ha, yeah i get the feeling there is a little history and anamosity towards this car, but I don't want him to work on the car as I do my own wrenching, I just wanted to give him cash for a good used block lol.

I have stumbled across half a dozen on a trip to two salvage yards here in SD area. Bought a few over the last year or two. NA 109s seasoned but not beat to death. I have no time or I would go hunt for you... You have yards nearby?

Yeah, there seemed to be some issues with the car, ill fitting intake that originally fit fine when I had it, and still had issues after the repaired HGs. Ended up being a simple spark plug after everything else was checked or replaced. Big headache that didn't have to be. Nick got like 3 hot airs or converted hot airs within like a month. And no one like working on hot airs! ;)

There are a few yards around, but it's a little warm right now to be rumaging around them. Figured I'd see if someone had one that I could just pick up, maybe even already disassembled (maybe I'm asking too much ha). Might not have a choice though...

Scrounged through a yard over the weekend, didn't find anything (bunch of other cool things though!), a couple guys here said they had one but they were not in the same state. No one has or is willing to part with a 140 or 109 block in AZ? Help a fellow buick guy out here, please and thank you!