Need a CHEAP 87 GN engine!

i have a naturally aspirated 109 engine that is in running condition that you can have for $500 .it is 100% stock and unrebuilt.i am in connecticut probably less than 2 hours from you! engine is out of the car and i have a engine hoist here to load it up! 203 213 9126

Thanks for replying. Unfort I already have a prior commitment to Jeff who posted first. If for some reason Jeff can't come through you will be my second choice. Thanks for letting me know and keep an eye on this thread if things don't work out.

Turbo Engine's ONLY

Thanks to everyone reading this thread and all the pm's. The only engines I would be willing to look at are TURBO engines only. No NA's please. Something from either a GN or T-type or some other type of turbo Buick. Thanks again everyone, and as mentioned before, I still do have prior obligations, should anything that much better come along please feel free to msg me.

Thanks to everyone reading this thread and all the pm's. The only engines I would be willing to look at are TURBO engines only. No NA's please. Something from either a GN or T-type or some other type of turbo Buick. Thanks again everyone, and as mentioned before, I still do have prior obligations, should anything that much better come along please feel free to msg me.

Since you arent looking for a rotating assembly then the only turbo specific item you need based on your first post is the lower intake. NA uses the same block

I thought the turbo block has a hole in the front below the intake manifold for oil drainage from the turbo.

Thanks for the info... Is there any other differences between the N/A setup and Turbo setup besides what you just told me? N/A offers are now welcome again :cool:

Block Photo Guide

The above guide explains that the blocks are the same except for the provision for oil drain-back from the turbo. Which means you can use a naturally aspirated block if you drill and tap this hole.

Or if the modifications to your engine include drain back straight to the oil pan, etc instead of the stock drain.

By the way - the above website is the best source of information for just about everything you could want to learn about grand nationals.

Thanks. What more can you ask for then that? I'd still be willing to look at some N/A blocks, but if it's going to make more work for my engine builder he's obviously going to charge me for it. Let's see where this takes us. As for right now, I'm still with Jeff's offer.

As said before, anybody going to the Nationals this year in Bowling Green willing to make a quick $$ that lives within 2 hours of the New York area let me know. If you could pick the block up I'll throw you cash for bringing it back for me.

Thanks again everyone.

There is no difference in the blocks. The hole just needs to be tapped.

There is no difference in the blocks. The hole just needs to be tapped.

1/2 " NPT tap & there ya go! A now Turbo block that never had the STRESS of a turbo with the Crazy Divers Boosting them every day. Just a little 6 Cylinder that cruised to work & back with No Stress. Banning runs 10's on a NA Crank to boot! Good investment! I have a 14 bolt oil pan one here I will build after the 109 thats a work coming together. I trust Both the Same!
This will be engine 6 & 7 for me without any issue except a head gasket cuz my Stupid Tune!

Are you near Niagra Falls?? I will sell the 14 bolt for $200 if you meet at the border? Just needs a 14 bolt oil pan & the rest is the same.

PS: I also have a Complete 87 GN engine 100% Complete that is apart, measured & a Standard bore & crank. Clean up at 10 over that I "may" deal on IF you want to meet with me? PM if interested??

1/2 " NPT tap & there ya go! A now Turbo block that never had the STRESS of a turbo with the Crazy Divers Boosting them every day. Just a little 6 Cylinder that cruised to work & back with No Stress. Banning runs 10's on a NA Crank to boot! Good investment! I have a 14 bolt oil pan one here I will build after the 109 thats a work coming together. I trust Both the Same!
This will be engine 6 & 7 for me without any issue except a head gasket cuz my Stupid Tune!

Are you near Niagra Falls?? I will sell the 14 bolt for $200 if you meet at the border? Just needs a 14 bolt oil pan & the rest is the same.

PS: I also have a Complete 87 GN engine 100% Complete that is apart, measured & a Standard bore & crank. Clean up at 10 over that I "may" deal on IF you want to meet with me? PM if interested??

Don't you have to drill the hole first before you can tap it? : )

Thanks everyone for checking out this thread, however I've found what I'm looking for. I still am in need of somebody going to Bowling Green that lives anywhere near the New York area. If not, I'll just have to pickup the engine myself :biggrin:

Please no more PM's unless its to help with the engine transport, and thanks again to everyone for all their contribution towards helping me.