Need a CHEAP 87 GN engine!

vaprize8

Slowly but surely...
I'm looking for an 87 GN engine. Looking for as cheap as possible, don't care if its working, just need a block to give my engine builder. He will get a new rotating assembly and do any other work needed to make the motor run strong. Will pickup if within 300 miles of Long Island, NY. No more than $500, stock block don't care of condition, just needs heads and intake. E-mail: vaprize8@gmail.com

Thanks for reading

I don't think you are going to find what you are looking for at that price. Good luck.

Bryan

Thank you

Thank you for the reply. Anybody out there with a spare engine (condition not important) willing to work something out please let me know. Thanks for reading.

Do you need the entire complete engine or just the bare block and a set of heads and a lower intake? Post what you are really needing so that someone here can help you out.

Bryan

Here's my situation because I'm unfort not that good at explaining myself or what I need. My buddy whos a mechanic has no spot to keep my car for the amount of time its going to take to remove the current engine, rebuild it, and re-install it. I keep the car in a public lot where it would need to be moved twice a week because of a town rule, and don't want to push it or tow it for any amount of time because of it not having an engine. So he suggested, get a junkyard block, we'll re-build that, and do the removal/install over the weekend once the junkyard block has been re-built. That's where I'm at.

Thanks

I have a stock long block, 176,000 miles, had a knock when removed from car, don't know which bearings are bad. I paid $400 and I'll sell it for the same price. Problem is you're far away. I travel to NY often to visit family but I usually fly now instead of driving. Maybe if we can find someone that's going to the Buick GS Nationals from NY I can deliver to Kentucky for an extra $100.

I'm probably going to the nationals just to watch and wasn't planning on driving my truck but for $100 to pay for extra fuel cost I would be happy to bring the truck instead of my Corolla in order to deliver the engine.

PS - this is just for long block, no intake manifold included.

Thank you for replying. If you can deliver the engine to me that would be PERFECT. I have no problem paying $500, and, if you need a little extra let me know. You're helping me out a great deal. I wasn't sure if you're saying you would be willing to go all the way to New York, just let me know all the exact details and you have yourself a deal. Thank you so much!

If anything, I would even be willing to pay for shipping if you would'nt mind doing that. Just to make things easier, give me a total price. I'm not looking to make anybody go out of there way. Thanks again.

I was saying that I'll deliver it to Bowling Green, Kentucky on May 16 (Buick GS Nationals).

If you know anyone in NY who is also going to the Nationals, I can give the engine to that person in Kentucky, then he can bring it back to NY and give it to you. I would charge you $500 total to deliver to Kentucky.

If that doesn't work, I may be able to deliver it to NY with my truck but that probably won't happen until September 27. And I would want a total of $700 to bring it to NY.

Jack Cotton is going to BG. He is in Agawam MA. It is a little way to drive from where you are but if nothing else works it is an option. He will have his trailer and may have room for it. If you are interested call him and see if you can work it out. His website is in my sig below.

Bryan

What if after the nationals, we met half way, and I gave you $600. Would that still be acceptable? Only because I don't have enough time to get down to the nationals this year and I don't know anybody thats going to be going.

Thanks Bryan. That might be a great option. Do you think he would be willing to take it to New York? I don't want to put him out of his way... Thanks for all the info.

What if after the nationals, we met half way, and I gave you $600. Would that still be acceptable? Only because I don't have enough time to get down to the nationals this year and I don't know anybody thats going to be going.

I don't know if that would work out too well unless I just happen to find a big block and powerglide for my dragster somewhere near Harrisonburg, VA and I meet you there the same day I go to pick them up. I'll let you know.

I understand. Let's see where this takes us, I'm going to talk to Jack Cotton and see if he would be willing to pick the engine up in BG from you and take it over to me. I'll let you know what he says. Thanks again for everything.

I really want this engine so I'm going to do what it takes :biggrin:

PS - this engine also doesn't have valve covers or an oil pan.
But I think I can find an oil pan to throw on it.

And like I said in a previous post, it also doesn't have an intake manifold.

Jeff it's no problem at all. If you can find the oil pan thats great, if not I'll just swap everything needed from the old motor to this one. I had planned to send out my intake anyway, valve covers I'll just cleanup and swap, oil pan isn't the end of the world. Thanks again. I'm still trying to work out a way of getting to this engine so I'll keep you updated.

Thanks for all your help and advice Bryan. I really appreciate it. I'm still very new to this "forum" way of doing things. :eek:

That's a great idea on the thread Jeff. Thanks so much for all your help. Lets see if there's any fish to bite. :D

Thanks for all your help and advice Bryan. I really appreciate it. I'm still very new to this "forum" way of doing things. :eek:

There are alot of great people on here. Most of the time all you have to do is ask for help and someone close will help out. Welcome aboard. Good luck with the engine. Make sure your builder know these engines!! They do not get small block chevy tolerances.

Bryan