Need a 12 second set up....

dpcp66

Im looking at going toa 84/85 GN. my dad did the 84 to 87 GN pwr switch and I would like to see how fast i can get a hot air car to go without a intercooler set up. I want to be able to drive it. Its got to have some BFGs or other dot tire to drive it and has to have the AC still wrk. I now without a 86/87mtr or a intercooler upgrade(which is hard to find for somereason) its hard but i have run nitrous pwred 455s and they run great and have added ALKY to a few GNs. Im not stupid with cars just going slow. dont want to screw it up. So guys I need a mid to low 12 second build up even if i have to get into the MTR./trans. if the best way is to buy a intercooler and then go from there ok just send me in the right area and i can go from there.

An let me tell you im not all about it needing to be a hot air car. I just dont want some punk thinking he can beat up on a slower GN I want this thing to run in the 12 so i can kill 95% of the cars around here an leave my big block nitrous Buick for the other 5%:D

Thanks To All Doug B.

12's

Here you go.....

Upgraded turbo TA33 or bigger.
Upgraded passenger side header.
2-1/2" downpipe or bigger.
At least 36 pound injectors. But I would go straight to 60's.
Hot wire fuel pump kit.
86-87 ECM with a good chip.
Alky or good gas.

After those mods everything else 86-87 applies. Ported heads will get you the most bang for your buck than anything else at lower boost levels. But you should be good for 12's with just the above.

boostmaster thanks for the info. what kind of boost numbers do i need to look at? are my 342 gears good to go?

Thanks Doug

IMO- 16-20 lbs boost and the gears are good to go. This will need alky or race gas in order to be safe. Brad

ill throw my .02 in here. 12's call for alky, turbo upgrade, intake, suspension, tires, 86-87ecm and chip...3.5in dp :) heater box delete, and 60's on e85!!! Just done do what I did and run 28psi on a stock motor lol.

Code:
ill throw my .02 in here. 12's call for alky, turbo upgrade, intake, suspension, tires, 86-87ecm and chip...3.5in dp :) heater box delete, and 60's on e85!!! Just done do what I did and run 28psi on a stock motor lol.

why not? ive run over 30psi on a stock motor?

12's dont call for alky. ive run 12's without it...

stock intake is fine for 12's..

:D

Drag radials, 2,800 stall converter, Walbro 340 upgraded fuel pump, and 75 horse nitrous "wet"

You should be able to do this on "stock" ecm and chip.