need a 12 second build????

dpcp66

I havent been on this site in a few years. Just needed info to get my dads 87 running and know a buddy has his 87 and has a 12 second build. I run most of the old nailhead or 455 stuff. i have a 10 second 455 66lark. i cant seem to afford a 86/87 gn but there are a couple of 84/85 cars that are local that i can get that are in my budget. I dont want to change it it to a intercooler because of all the drama that going on hereand with doing a convertion, but i need a solid 12 second build that wont take away my A/C or pwr steering (old lady needs to drive it) So I would like to be pointed it the right direction for this if anyone can help me. An I dont rule out the nitrous as my 455 runs it and been using it for almost 15years. just want to keep door to door with the old mam and my budy witha Hot air car.not to mention the guys that would get smoked by one would be pissed

Thanks For the Help Doug

The hotairs weren't far behind in ETs against the IC bothers. I read stock IC TR vs STock 455 GS were pretty much the same ET and road track testing. So that said, not much is needed to get yourself into the 12's.

basic stuff, Traction, intake and Exhaust, fuel system. Nirtous I've heard we can handle 75-120 shot Not sure the max tho.

Just some ideas

TA33
Ported turbo elbow or custom Downpipe
A electric cutout. Which you could save some money keeping your stock system, when you race just flip the switch.

Cold air intake
TT chip with bigger injectors.
Port & polished heads with good Cam kit.
HD shift kit
I would say drag radials but whatever you like BF or indy 500 your choice.

This should get you there give or take.

By the way i raced my friend in his 455 GS............I won..... HAHA no BS.

and this was without heads or much work. Sometimes just comes down to reaction, air temp or if your hotair wants to play that day.