need .040 wider main bearings: 1987 Grand National

mrjail

After tracing down a phantom noise in my 87 GN, I discovered my crankshaft has .016 endplay. The thrust bearing is badly worn on both sides, but the crankshaft appears to be o.k. The main bearings are Clevite MB3064P .020 undersized. I believe the thrust is .040 wider than stock. I'm hitting dead ends finding these...Anyone?

get a different crank!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't need a different crank. The thrust bearing in the engine is .040 wider ALREADY. I just need a replacement set of main bearings. The torque converter has put undue stress on the crank, but it will be replaced before the car runs again.

What about contacting nick m on here he builds engines and probably can get you some or perhaps Bison

What about contacting nick m on here he builds engines and probably can get you some or perhaps Bison
I called Nick yesterday. He is going to talk with his machine shop and call me back. I will send Bison a p.m. too. That's a good idea. I appreciate your input.

Oh.. I understand what you're saying now I think, but are you saying the thrust surface on the engine is 0.040 wider?

Oh.. I understand what you're saying now I think, but are you saying the thrust surface on the engine is 0.040 wider?
The existing thrust bearing is .040 wider than stock. The bearing itself has .013 wear compared to when it was new. Instead of .003 clearance, I now have .016. According to Mahle (who bought Clevite) this particular bearing has been discontinued for at least ten years.
My engine has been balanced and is still in the car. I'm hoping someone on the board will have a set on a shelf.

The existing thrust bearing is .040 wider than stock. The bearing itself has .013 wear compared to when it was new. Instead of .003 clearance, I now have .016. According to Mahle (who bought Clevite) this particular bearing has been discontinued for at least ten years.
My engine has been balanced and is still in the car. I'm hoping someone on the board will have a set on a shelf.
Do you try calling random Napa or carquest etc? They don't have to be near you, they could ship you the part for a fee I imagine.

I called NAPA, Auto Zone, O'Reilly etc. No luck. I would be willing to pay top dollar for a set too.
But some Napa may not check other stores stock, so you may have to find one after many phone calls yes? Or try machine shops instead?