narrowing down false kr

liv4gnz

so ive been trying to hunt down this false kr problem and i dont know what else to check, ive checked archives and checked the things that are obvious.
if i rev it in park or nuetral usually higher rpm i start getting readings from 1.5-6.0

most recently ive done

-kenne bell 8mm wires
-torque strap since i thought the downpipe was rubbing
-tightened all brackets and tied any thing that could possible be rattling banging or rubbing out of the way
-new standard knock sensor torqued to 14lbs
-switched my turbo back to the te-44
-new tensioner

the only thing i could think of its valvetrain noise but its a roller setup and its really not loud at all.

any other help or input would be appreciated, thanks!

How are your motor and trans mounts? Is everything solid far as that goes? Which downpipe do you have? is it or is it not rubbing on the frame? (that should be pretty easy to check)

whats it reading when you boost up on it on the road. I don't think you want to worry about it in park

with the torque strap now nothing moves it took some slop out of the oe mounts, so no rubbing as far as the downpipe or anything else for that matter,
i was just concerned to see some kr in nuetral like that and really wanted to narrow it down since it shouldnt be there,
my new tt chip comes in this week so than i can start really tuning it, its been about 5 years and still havent pulled off a good pass in this car or even a safe highway pull in 3rd ):
persistence is really running out.

we had a lot of false knock in my car after motor built- some of items that contributed- driveshaft (prob not in park or neutral), exhaust pipe, trans mount good luck just be methodical and persistent.

If search function is working there's a pretty complete thread on chasing kr. I made it most of the way through the list and still haven't found it, but am now working 1300 miles from the car. Hang in there, you'll find it.

My driveshaft was hitting my safety loop. I did have a broken motor mount when this occured.

Cracked flex plate?
Crank thrust bearing toast?
Harmonic balancer loose/cracked?

If search function is working there's a pretty complete thread on chasing kr. I made it most of the way through the list and still haven't found it, but am now working 1300 miles from the car. Hang in there, you'll find it.

Anyone know where this post is?