NAILED FOR SPEEDING.....worst luck ever...bye bye GN

fireberd350

my first day driving my car to college, beautiful day i had to take her out. Also as you should know i am the most grandma driver on the road in the GN b/c it's running rich as hell and gets 10mpg if im lucky, and like 6mpg if i drive "normal". anyways i got the car a month ago and still have not tuned it and gotten it straightened out, the boost was set at WAYY HIGH @ 20# and i looked up how to adj the wastegate and put it at 14#. Well driving home just know(8:30pm) i got on it for a split second to verify the boost was where i wanted it at WOT...nobody around either, it was a clear open bypass. Well just as i hit the brakes to slow to "fuel saving mode" i see hazards on the shoulder...then i t was too late by the time i drove by the cop I was still doing a good 63mph yet he must have got me at my peak b/c he radar'd me @ 87 and it was in a 55. I also did not have my insurance or registration on me...that always helps:rolleyes:

Anyways i got a $180 ticket and a 32 mph speeding ticket which in PA just happens to be the magical number associated with an instant 15 day suspension....he let me go on the insurance/registration, i have 5 days to show it to him, and he said he could have towed my car and whatever else so i guess i got lucky there

Regardless i am 20 yrs old and i am going to lose my liscence and my insurance will be more than i can afford....i wont be able to drive to class and to afford insurance i will need to work a lot more and my grades will drop and i'm an A student in (3.92 cum GPA) and this blows more than anything

if anyone has any and i mean any ideas of how i can get this lessened or anything please fill me in.......but for now i'm just going to accept my irresponsiblilty and kick my self in the ass...thanks in advance

hmmmm....i just noticed the similar post from turbojimmy....i feel your pain man....this sucks bad

Set up a court date. In my state we have "informal hearings" where you can meet with the officer prior to going in front of the magistrate. You can try to "meet in the middle" and agree to plead responsible to something that you both can live with.

Call your lawyer! Just give him the ticket and have him take care of it. Might cost you some money now but it will save you in the long run. My lawyer charges $150 plus double the fine. Don't know what my last one is going to cost but according to my insurance co., I have a clean record with a good driver discount.:D

DOH!

I feel your pain, too. I just posted a similar thread - I got nabbed yesterday. You got me beat by 3 MPH, too. I wish I could offer you advice, but I'm not familiar wiht how PA works.

Good luck with it - a lawyer might help. If not in court, at least for some advice.

Jim

i dont know any lawyers that good but my uncles neighbor may at least be able to offer me advice if not be my lawyer but hes expensive.....ill pay whatever just so long as i dont get any points

man I had 12 points in a year .. just 3 difference incidents over one whole year, and i didnt realise it until thy sent it, NOTICE OF SUSPENSION... 30 days plus i got to pay $75 to go to a lame school course for TWO DAYS and all this other fines and BS
my insurance cost a fortune for about 5 months..

yea you need to just pay the ticket and go to SCHOOL and get the points removed!! I dont know about your insurance laws, but right now to me i would pay the ticket and take the traffic course..

unless you can afford a lawyer and have sweet dreams ..i doubt you can at the age of 20..

thats the thing...ive gotten 2 tickets before for 7 pts and taken the test and that removes 2 pts then i had 2 yrs of good driving which removes 3/yr....so technically i may not be at the 6pt mark for the second time which is when u i'd have to go to a seperate hearing and get hammered even more but i could be wrong i may have been a few weeks from losing them last 3 which would be just perfect....:rolleyes:

my only hope is that i get off with no points and a higher fine or less points....

Just look in the phone book, there's about 500,000 in thereLOL Really, just call some and tell them your situation. Then, go with the best/cheapest one. Borrow the money if you have to because it will be cheaper and easier in the long run.:cool:

That sucks! I go to court in the morning for 51 in a 25. First ticket in 3 years. Wish me luck:(

damn...i was thinking about riding my bike to school tomorrow if the weather cooperates.i think with all this bad luck going around i'll just take the beater...:eek: :(

Look in the yellow pages for Traffic Lawyers. Most down here charge $75-150 and they take care of everything. I may get flamed for this, but I say fight every ticket you get. Never pay the ticket.

Originally posted by WFO
damn...i was thinking about riding my bike to school tomorrow if the weather cooperates.i think with all this bad luck going around i'll just take the beater...:eek: :(

I'll say. Looks like The Man is after GN's this spring:mad:

Originally posted by blackbuick87
I'll say. Looks like The Man is after GN's this spring:mad:

That's one way of looking at it. Another, though, is that in both cases (mine and this one) it's really a case of questionable judgement and really horrible timing.

What kills me is that I was too lazy to take the BEL 980 out of the Century and put it in the GN. I would've picked that guy up long before I even stomped on it. That thing has saved my a$$ more times than I can count....it was just in the wrong car.

Jim

Yeah, go and grab a lawyer, you can pay them monthly at like $25 a month and in the long run you will save money. Insurance will bend you over and not use any lube if it sticks and your points are jacked up.
I got a 2nd Neg. last year in my HS parking lot for 'spinning my tires' $490 ticket, well I hired a local lawyer and got it reduced to an illegal lane change and no proof of identification. I payed more for the lawyer and the ending tickets but I know I would have been hurting in the long run if it would have stuck. They can probably get it knocked down to something that doesnt really matter. Just remember 'Monthly payments' are a lifesaver, so dont think you gotta pay them all at once.

Good luck,
Brian

the best way to avoid a ticket is to have a cop friend with you when you want to mess around. thats what i do anyway:D
i got pulled over last summer doing 75 in a 40, but since i had bacon inside the car, the cop just gave me some grief and let me go.