N/A V6 Build

eastwoodad

I feel somewhat ashamed posting this video amongst all the very nice cars, namely Dusty's and Don's videos. Just so you guys know, I pretty much watch Dusty's videos over and over!

Anyway's this is a quick video of my latest project, that I have put a lot of work and time into and just thought I'd share some of the results. Basically it is a built N/A, using an 84 HA motor, KB cam (.494/.506 228/232), KB single plane intake, Holley 600, self-ported 8445 heads with SS 1.77 valves, and Speed Pro forged pistons .010 below deck for some compression. For details and pics on the project check out this link:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/before-black-non-sfi-tech/223883-n-build-pics-inside.html

For a quick video:

YouTube - 1981 Buick Regal V6

Let me know what you think.

Ahhhh brings back memories of my '81 Regal. Mine was slow as crap tho. Had a rod knock when I bought it and I tries like hell to blow that thing up! LOL! Used to tack it up and neutral drop it to chirp the tires, bwahahahaaa!!

Couldn't get it just blow apart tho, and I finally just dropped a '70 Buick 350 in it. I'll be really interested to see what kind of power you can pull outta that thing N/A!!!!!!!

Hey man, that's a nice 81.

I got one myself, with a GN motor in it.

Good luck with yours!
You going to make it into a speed-demon or a weekend driver?

Weekend driver and track car. I basically haven't put a whole lot of money in it. That was the plan and really my only option. I have just always been kinda curious to see what the N/A can do. The car is fairly light and will eventually have a pretty low gear and high stall converter for dragstrip/stoplight action. We'll see what happens.

That's a pretty cool project! Hey what's worse then getting beat by a turbo V6 powered Grandma Regal?? Getting beat by an NA V6 Grandma Regal:eek: :biggrin:

Thanks for sharing:cool:

That's a pretty cool project! Hey what's worse then getting beat by a turbo V6 powered Grandma Regal?? Getting beat by an NA V6 Grandma Regal:eek: :biggrin:

Thanks for sharing:cool:

More truth there than you'd think! :biggrin: