N/A 4.1 shortblock..for my 87 gn..ne1 done this??

Do you have a link for these?

last time I bought 4.1 forged pistons it was well into the 700 dollar range....

A.j.

No link, I spoke to the guys at Weber. Price was $500. He said since the motors were becoming more popular they decided to carry the pistons, same ones used on their 4.1 builds.

No link, I spoke to the guys at Weber. Price was $500. He said since the motors were becoming more popular they decided to carry the pistons, same ones used on their 4.1 builds.

I got a different story when I called this past Monday. They told me they would need to be custom made for $798!

I got a different story when I called this past Monday. They told me they would need to be custom made for $798!

Don't know what changed, they told me this summer they have a deal with weisco to make the pistons for them.:confused: That's too bad.:(

Dont see the problem HYPER'S work great! I got them in my car, and have got more KR than i care to admitt, and they are holding up! Stock crank20/20, stock rods. My car is making close to 600HP, but keep buying those $700 dollar piston's, that way mine will stay Cheap. I have been running this engine for awhile, and im built it as cheap as i could, and have beat a GN, or 2 with all there high dollar builds.

Dont see the problem HYPER'S work great! I got them in my car, and have got more KR than i care to admitt, and they are holding up! Stock crank20/20, stock rods. My car is making close to 600HP, but keep buying those $700 dollar piston's, that way mine will stay Cheap. I have been running this engine for awhile, and im built it as cheap as i could, and have beat a GN, or 2 with all there high dollar builds.

Same here, I just bought the trw h471p hyper, from summit for like 250 for the set, they look to be a nice beefy piston very good quality i just dont see the need for 700$ JE forged pistons in a street motor, especially with the trws available. I cant wait to spank some speed shop junkies with my junkyard 4.1;)

Although it's not a 4.1, I know ofa board member that used an N/A out of an 85 Regal (non 109) and simply installed a stock turbo cam. He ran the car for 30k miles without a problem. He said he never had it past 15 psi.

I just sold a similar 85 NA 3.8 block to a board member who is doing the same thing but with a Hot-Air set up.

Out of curiousity, would my 3.8 stroker stuff fit it a 4.1 block? Would it be as strong as my stroker 3.8, and would the cube gain be worth it???

Out of curiousity, would my 3.8 stroker stuff fit it a 4.1 block? Would it be as strong as my stroker 3.8, and would the cube gain be worth it???

Everything will fit except the pistons. You have the same issues with clearance but the extra cubes will shred the tires off of it if you don't get traction.:biggrin:

Everything will fit except the pistons. You have the same issues with clearance but the extra cubes will shred the tires off of it if you don't get traction.:biggrin:
What would be the cubes, Girdle I assume? Strong as or stronger than the 109? What's the good part number to get? Thanks, Dave