My TSM project. Progress pics.

KevinB

The car is an '87 Turbo T.
car1.jpg

I bought it as a roller this winter. Had to part with my '85 TType of ten years to get it:( I wanted a high ten second car but things soon got out of control.
Here is what my basic build up consist of:

109 block
girdle
K1 rods
Eagle crank
Wiseco pistons
GN1 ported heads
Champion ported stock intake
95lb injectors
Innovative 70 X-trim turbo
ATR headers
PTE 70mm upper plenum & tb
TH 400 w/brake
9" rearend with spool and 3.50 gears

I have a TON of work to do still, but hope to race the TSM class at BG, Columbus and possibly Norwalk this year.

Here are some pics I took last week and today. I will update this thread as I get stuff done. Wish me luck!

Last week the buildup of the short block began. Unfortunately we had the wrong sized rings:frown: I am bolting it together with the help of Lonnie Diers of Extreme Automatics. Actually he is doing most of the work while I just tighten the bolts down:p We hope to have it all together next week.
engine3.jpg

Today I bolted in the 9" rearend housing. I am waiting for the axles to come in from Moser. Also a buddy of mine is building the center section, which should be done this week. Sorry for the messy garage.

rearend.jpg

Saturday I installed the double pumper and ran the lines to connect it to the fuel filter.

fuellines.jpg

There is a V1 in there! I want to get the correct '87 grill for this car eventually.

v1.jpg

That's all I got for now. Stay tuned for more.

that is one sweet looking ride. i do like the t's more and more every time i see one. i really do like the white ones and like the red ones also. dave

Getting closer! Hopefully this weekend the engine will be in the car:biggrin:

front.jpg

side.jpg

engine pics

Hello, engine looks nice your making good progress...:D , and also if you dont mind me asking what kind of headers are you runing?..thanks

More stuff today
Since it started out as a nice day...pushed the car outside to drop the engine in
droppingengine.jpg

Everything was going good until the hood (was perfect) fell on the hoist. Put a huge dent in it. F*CK!!!!

Anyways, continued to make progress installing the engine
in2.jpg

in1.jpg

side-1.jpg

Even made it through a raindelay
raindelay.jpg

Tomarrow I hope to finish more up. I hope to get it started and on the road next weekend! Still hoping to make BG. It all depends on how it runs and if I have any money left over to go. Accepting donations:p

nice to see u get that motor out of Lonnies shop...lol, now he can get started on my trans transplant....lol, as i too plan on racing at BG but not in TSM, mine is much too slow for that. good luck on your car.

Any more progress pics or info.

No pics right now. I hope to drive it by the weekend and race it at BG. It's going to be close:eek: Just waiting on the turbo and some misc fittings for the DLS oil pump. Today I spent the night helping the wife around the house.That means I get to spend tomarrow night installing the parts that should come in tomarrow:biggrin: She hates my car:tongue: