My Tranny Guru

HP Man

After several years my tranny rebuilder is at it again. He built my last one for me probably 9 or 10 yrs ago? Not sure just when. My combo then was a 87 GN, TTA Crank, JE Piston, combo, ported iron heads, TE-45 turbo, CAS FM IC, ATR DP and dual exhaust. Ran the best of 10.90 ET at 121.57mph. Ran so cool in traffic and got 23+ mpg hwy. Now the tranny ran a Precision 7 disc lu tc, with Dave's Tranny. This tranny worked flawlessly for 7 yrs, shifts were firm - quick, never a 2-3 flair, used a stock trans pan and filter, used dextron oil and ran in 185* oil temp after a hard run, external oil cooler only, no radiator cooler. Stock drum that never broke and never tried to break it but the stock tc will! My point is to just give my experience with this tranny and how it performed for me. He has worked with several well known tranny rebuilders. He is building one (2004R) now to run in a 9:20 ET car. Will it work? Time will tell. I'll be happy to give any info to anyone about my tranny experiences just PM me. He will build my next tranny! Gene PS. Happiness is a TR Under Boost!