My thoughts On my new GT67

Doug Jacobson

Altitude Compensated
This Thing I freaking Awesome!!!!!

Ok to elaborate. I just got the car up and running again thursday night. I took it out last night, of couse my neighbor want te see it run. I took one easy 1/2 throttle run, Pulled like never before on that run, about 15 psi and the second fuel pump light was coming on so I knew everything was working. I pulled back in my driveway because the shift linkage fell off (woops). Put it back together and pulled back out. This time I held the brake (tranny brake isn't wired up yet) I was amazed on how fast the turbo spooled compared I was thinking I may have more lag since my convertor is only around 3200-3400 rpm stall. I launched the thing and it just rocketed. Shifted it into second and looked at the boost gauge, holy cow 25 psi. I thought I had the wastegate actuator real loose, but must not have. This thing will freking run now. I can't wait to get it to the track and do some tuning and see what it will really do. Then driving around later I gavethe thing about 3/4 throttle to impres a rider and it broke the slicks loose at 35 mph, very impressive.

Glad to see you like it.

Ive been considering geting one of these or a cpt66. Im kinda leaning toward the gt67.

My combo is as follows

steel centers, rjc girdle, powerstroke ft mt, 72 lb injectors, art carr 9" n/l convertor set at 3500. pte 218 cam, trans+ with extender chip.

what a/r housing are you using. Do you think I'll have any lag if I go with the 67 with my current stall.

It's got an .82 on it but you'd never tell by the way it spools. I think you'll be in hog heaven with the convertor you have now.

Just noticed your from Souix City. What track do you race at? Are you on the midwest racing mailing list? If not I'll get you the info on how to get on.

Doug J

I remember seeing you run at scribner with the 52 and I thought it was fast then. Hopefully I can decide on a turbo soon. getting anxious to get the car out again and get it to the track.

So you don't think I will have any spooling probs. with my convertor. gearing and everthing is stock. also I dont have a t-brake.

I have stock 3.42's in the rearend and the only reason I changed the low gear in the 400 was to make it the same as the stock gar in the 200r4. I really think that it would spool just fine with the convertor you have. Alot of the spooling is in the chip and Bob Bailey (Extender) does some of the best tricks to get the turbo spining as I've seen.

As of right now I have no concrete data on what the converotr is actually stalling too, but as soon as I hook the Direct Scan up I'll get some recored data from it to see what I've got, all I've got now to tell me RPM is the stock tac, and we all know haow good that is. :rolleyes:

BTW, I'm shooting for the 11th of this month to take it to the track, that would be a nice chance to meet you, If I havent allready (I'm really bad with names)

which track are you gonna be at? If its scribner I can probably be there but probably won't have the car there though.

I think we've met once, Im the guy that had my turbo blowup on me if that rings any bells

Doug, definately let us know the results from the track! I am really interested in how this turbo preforms. So far there has been lots of talk about this turbo but no hard data with ET's and MPH as well as stall required for it. I want to find out just how deep into the 10's it is capable of going. I will likley be running a combo similar to yours down the road anyways, just haven't decided on what turbo to use. BTW, what cam are you using?

Headed to Scribner to race. Not much else around. Yep, I remember that now about thje blown op turbo.

Clayton, will do on the track data. And I use a Modern Musclecar (Ramchargers?) 208 cam, been running it for years and love it.

Originally posted by Doug Jacobson

Clayton, will do on the track data. And I use a Modern Musclecar (Ramchargers?) 208 cam, been running it for years and love it.

Can't go wrong with that cam, I know a few guys that have used it and really liked it as well.

Have you changed your stall since upgrading from the 52? If so, how much difference in spoolup have you noticed compared to the 52?

Is your turbo the PT67(GT wheel on compressor side only) or the 67 GTQ(GT wheel on both compressor and turbine)?

Thanks,

Clayton

It's a different stall, I went to a TH400. I have no hard data on what it stalls to now.

It is the PT67, I think.

Originally posted by Wheezy
Anyone have track times with this turbo yet??????????:cool:

That's what I want to know? There's lots of hype surrounding this turbo but I want to see some timeslips and maybe some longevity as well (thinking of the 51 fiasco) before jumping on the bandwagon of a new turbo.

I'm hoping this turbo is capable of mid 10 second timeslips with the other supporting hardware ie Heads, cam, injectors blah blah blah. Would be nice to see a few people run the GTQ version of this turbo as well. :)

Sorry about the instant message thing thought Id be able to talk to you like aol guess not.

I won't be able to be there until 9:30 or so u guys gonna be there that late, I got to work. I'm looking forward to seeing how that turbo works, my money is burning a hole in my pocket. Just finished putting my powerstroke intercooler on.

later

OK, made it to the track last night. I have no real compareable data to my old turbo except for the MPH. I had consistantly horrible (1.8-1.9) 60' times. And when I did get a halfway descnet 60' I would miss 2nd and shift from 1st to 3rd. But The MPH consistantly stayed in the 124 mph range with 22-24 psi of boost.
Ya, I thought it would do better too. But I only have 21 deg timing in it now, I think with the right timing I should be able to get this boost level into the 126 mph range.

Doug J