My stereo setup with pics

Turbo'dBuick

I just got done doing my stereo in my 87 TB.. Very happy with it! I listen to everything form classical, blues to rock & rap so I need to have a stereo that would be crisp, clean, & correct amount of bass for the music I was listening to. I did spend more then most but not near as much as alot out there. It sounds GREAT! but need to finish tuning it.

*Apline d100 indash touch screen tv, dvd, cd, mp3, i-pod interface radio

*Apline i-pod interface cable

* 60 gb i-pod

*Apline Black Bird navigation

*Apline pdx 150x 4 channel Amp for mids & highs

*Apline pdx 1000x 1 sub amp

*diamond audio 6x9's

* 4x10 to 6x9 adapter

*diamond audio 5 1/4 components

* front kick pannels from crutch field

*1- JL 12w6 sub

Attachments

• IMG_2930.JPG
    IMG_2930.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 452
  • IMG_2928.JPG
    IMG_2928.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 437
  • IMG_2927.JPG
    IMG_2927.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG_2925.JPG
    IMG_2925.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 432
Looks nice!!! i want the kick panel pods for my car too. How is the parking brake on the driver side is there any interferance, and what did you do with the ECM??

how do you like the digital amps... i was looking at those - s'posed to be real efficient and run real cool.... looks nice - i might buy some kick panels too... 3.5"s SUCK....

digital amps rock..stay cool, work great clear sound less draw on power!

To much $ in it..lol

computer is on the floor now, brake needs some bending but works great

Attachments

• IMG_2929.JPG
    IMG_2929.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 398
It sounds crip, clear, & really really loud! lol Hoping to finish tuning it later. The digital amps have alot of tuning capabilities. Love the whole set up. Thinking a 10" would of been more then enough!

Pretty sweet man. Got a few questions about the sub enclosure though. Will it fit up under the rear deck area or is it too tall? (ie- more than 13" tall lol). Why did you face the sub/enclosure in that direction? And finally, how much are those pre-fab kicks, and how well do they fit?

NICE SETUP, check out mine if you like.... www.sounddomain.com/id/8uwith6

Dang, they are proud of those.......... hrmm, they do look nice though:eek: And as Royal-T-Ltd did say, 3.5s SUCK!!! Hrmmmm

the custom box will fit, as for the direction of the box I have it just sitting in there. Your set up looks good but looks kind of heavy & how does it sound? looks very restrictive for the sound getting threw. Very clean though!

My Enclosure is 3/4" MDF, sealed 1.27 cubes. The sub Im running likes ported, but does okay in the sealed box. The reason I asked about yours is if it was bought pre-fab and it fit under the rear deck I was wanting to do a ported enclosure similar to yours in my car. But I want it up out of the way. The trim panels that hold the amps are 1/2" MDF and really arent that heavy. The heavy part is the sub, its like 50 or 60 pounds! As for "sound getting through" its just fine. Every G body Ive ever done a stereo in has either had 3 10s, 2 12s or 1 12 up there, and usually trim panels as well. Ive never heard or felt a difference when removing the panels vs leaving them on, and have argued till I was blue in the face with people about the improvement they feel it makes. Basically, it "works for me!" :) Nice setup bud........ now you got me thinking about kick panels!!!!!!!!!!